Ranga Abhimanyu Group Buy- Beautiful Ebonites -Excellent Nib Choices

mpkandan

Dear All,,

There is huge response for this Group Buy Silently. We are very close to 100 now. I'm sending payment details to every participants.Big thanks again for making it Grand success and for your support as always

Model Comparison Picture is as below (Model 3, Abhimanyu, Model 4C, Model 9B)

Ranga Abhimanyu Specs:

--------------------------------

Cap and Barrel Dia- 16mm. Capped Length -5.25 Inches

Section dia -12.5mm at thickest, 10.5mm at thinnest part

Weight: 27 grams.(Full pen), 18grams (Barrel )

Barrel length- 125mm, Posted length-170mm

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

1) It will be be great if you please post some close look of your Ranga NIB for Fine , Medium - steel nib and 14 K gold nib.

2) are the Nibs are Screw in unit works with Schmidt converter

3) Is this nib has swap facility with Jowo or Bock By default ?

40 Some writing samples of Ranga Nibs

Thank you,

Bubai

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• sansenri

• bbs

• Jamerelbe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Kadan Sir,

It will be great if you please post some images / close look of Ranga Nibs - Fine / Medium - for Steel Nib

and 14 K gold Ranga Nibs.

Also it will be great if you please post some writing samples with that.

Thank you \

Bubai

Got mine yesterday. Love it. Ranga pens are always beautiful, but usually they're a little too big for me. This one, by Ranga standards a pocket pen, is short enough to be of practical use and the speedy uncapping is great.

I got the grey-cream-red premium ebonite with a Jowo nib. I might go back and get another with a Ranga nib.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

received mine today. shipping was very quick, but of course more expensive. The pen is considerably shorter than most Ranga pens but still thick enough to be comfortable. I got a Ranga nib and it is very smooth and wet.

Dear FPN'ers,

It is Awesome response

We have shipped all orders except one which has special request. All orders would be delivered in next 3-4 days

This group buy is extended till 31st October. Please watch this thread for further updates and addition's in Abhimanyu offerings

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I just received my pen in Burnt Orange, to which I fitted a Bock EF & inked it with Diamine Sargasso Sea after flushing it through with hot water.

It's just a darker blue, nothing that you could call exciting.

OK... You tempted me. I just ordered another. Not a lot of persuasion needed. I decided to have the Ranga Fine nib in this one.

Have many of us decided to have this option?

Edited by Dip n Scratch

Sorry, don’t seem able to upload any pix. Has the system changed?? Keep getting the message ‘upload not allowed’ ...

bbs, and everyone else here... you can't get these nice pens and not show them... haven't see one picture yet! :)

it's not too difficult, you need to use the upload tab at the top of the page.

do it on the PC it's easier

do this

-top of the page: click the upload tab (a new tab opens called manage uploads)

-click browse

-browse to your image on you HD (pic not larger than 2 Mb otherwise it won't load - before selecting it you can if needed open it in an image modifying app - which needs to be installed on your PC - and resize it)

-select it and click "open"

-click add image

-when the image loads, scroll to the bottom of the image, right click BBCode, copy

-now go back to your post (it's the previous tab)

-position the cursor where you want your image to show, right click, paste

you're done

before posting, click more reply options, the message will show and you will be able to see if your image has loaded correctly

bbs, and everyone else here... you can't get these nice pens and not show them... haven't see one picture yet! :)

it's not too difficult, you need to use the upload tab at the top of the page.

do it on the PC it's easier

do this

-top of the page: click the upload tab (a new tab opens called manage uploads)

-click browse

-browse to your image on you HD (pic not larger than 2 Mb otherwise it won't load - before selecting it you can if needed open it in an image modifying app - which needs to be installed on your PC - and resize it)

-select it and click "open"

-click add image

-when the image loads, scroll to the bottom of the image, right click BBCode, copy

-now go back to your post (it's the previous tab)

-position the cursor where you want your image to show, right click, paste

you're done

before posting, click more reply options, the message will show and you will be able to see if your image has loaded correctly

Thanks Mr.Sansenri .You have the option to upload your pictures in 3-4 days:)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thanks Mr.Sansenri .You have the option to upload your pictures in 3-4 days:)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

waiting eagerly! regards

And mine arrived about 1 hour after reading this latest update.

Photo to come when I actually cut it out of the wrapping, flush, and fill it. Which may be a few days as I need to empty a slot in the carry-case to make room for a new pen.

Ok, so third attempt to show my new pens!

fpn_1601724747__6c87f25d-5f3d-4a8f-b2bf-

fpn_1601724747__6c87f25d-5f3d-4a8f-b2bf-

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Hmm, didnt mean to show two the same! One more go ... (thank you for your help, Sansenri!)

fpn_1601725083__c3b15b1a-ce99-4798-aba8-

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Great color choices, bbs!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Great color choices, bbs!

Thanks very much! Id been waiting for Mr Kandan to restock the Black/Orange for ages - glad it coincided with this model of pen!

I have to admit that although that one and the Grey/Red/Cream turned out really well, its always a bit of a lottery with these unique hand-made ebonites and the cap on the Blue/Green/Orange has very muted, almost obscured colours. The section is much brighter though, so when writing with it it looks great. And, I have to admit, although its a lot less bright than I had envisaged, it has a mysterious quality, smoky which I do really like. That happened with a green and orange ebonite, which was very different from what I was expecting but actually I came to love it more.

I do like this model, it may be my favourite Ranga now. And, of course, Im still tempted to maybe get another now the Group Buy has been extended....

Lets see what other colour pens have arrived, please!

Edited by bbs

Dear All,

After going through huge success for Ranga Abhimanyu Model. We are happy to extend Ranga Abhimanyu in visually stunning Premium Acrylic colours.

Price is 74USD for Ranga Screw in nib. Upgrade charges are mentioned in the form for variety of nibs

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfA_81VoZV6zXAtehPDYIUJapcTbiXXGwl99V1ecr9hNT5zbQ/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0

P1.Red Cracked Ice
P2.Black Cracked Ice
P3.Red Gold Cracked Ice
P4.Blue Red Cracked Ice
P5.Aqua Cracked Ice
P6.Orange Cracked Ice
P7.Brown Cracked Ice
P8.Green Cracked Ice
P9.White Cracked Ice
P10.Blue Cracked Ice
P11.Red-on-red cracked ice
P12.Carnival
P13.Turquoise cracked ice
P14.Rust red cracked ice
P15.Fuschia cracked ice
P16.Rainbow cracked ice
P17.Diwali
P18. Purple Cracked Ice
P19. Purple Peach Cracked Ice
P20. Red Gold Blue Cracked Ice
P21 Purple Blue Cracked Ice
P22.Green Stripes
P23.Blue Stripes
P24.Golden Stripes
P25.Blue Pink Stripes
P26.Olive Black Stripes
P27.White Black Stripes
P28.Brown Stripes
Regards,
Kandan.M.P
Ranga Pen Company

IMG_20201001_144623 - Copy.jpg

Hi Mr Kandan MP, I have bought (quite) a few Ranga pens from you before, but mostly to be compatible with JoWo or Bock nibs - partly because I prefer to use cartridge converters with my pens. It looks like you're now offering these pens with Ranga nibs AND a cartridge converter. Can I please confirm with you:

(1) Can I now order a pen with a Ranga screw-in nib AND a converter?

(2) Do the Ranga screw-in nibs come with ebonite or plastic feed?

(3) Can you swap the Ranga screw-in nibs for Bock or JoWo units? Or do they have their own unique threading?

I wasn't going to join this group buy, until you offered it it with Premium Acrylic options - now I'm not sure that I can resist!

I will send this by direct email also, but thought you might like to answer my questions for other group buy people too.

Thanks again for these group buys: they hurt my wallet, but they warm my heart!

Here are some photos of mine in Red Woodgrain with a GP Fine Bock nib. The quality is excellent. I love the fact that the cap comes off in less than one turn! Great pen, Mr. Kandan!

fullsizeoutput_3c0f.jpeg

IMG_7869.JPG

Hmm, didnt mean to show two the same! One more go ... (thank you for your help, Sansenri!)

fpn_1601725083__c3b15b1a-ce99-4798-aba8-

Thanks a lot bbs. Nice Pictures. We are glad that you like the Ranga Abhimanyu Pens:)

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company