The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Jinhao 126 Cartridge

jinhao

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Eusorph

Eusorph

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 17:30

Does anybody know which cartridges fit in the jinhao 126? The included converter is very small and I prefer to use long international cartridges. Pelikan long cartridges do fit, but they break because the mouth is too small.

Sponsored Content

#2 Gord K.

Gord K.

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 23:08

A quick google search on “Jinhao 126 ink cartridge” turned up a couple of different sites that said it takes a standard international cartridge. Might be worth a try...

#3 Eusorph

Eusorph

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 05:56

Pelikan IS standard international and, as I said, it breaks.

#4 GeneralSynopsis

GeneralSynopsis

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 06:58

The thing is the International Standard is not a standard of any kind, outside diameters seem to be about 4.2 +/- 0.1mm, and inside diameter about 3 +/- 0.4mm depending on manufacturer. According to my measurements Jinhoa is near the bottom of the range for both inside and outside diameter. 

Also the length of the connecting nozzle also varies.

Edited by GeneralSynopsis, 01 September 2020 - 06:59.

--“Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.” 
― Giordano Bruno

#5 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:27

The standard Jinhao converter has its problems, if you can find a good quality converter such as Waterman then you will have much better results, they are also much nicer to use.

Straight roads do not make skilled drivers

#6 Eusorph

Eusorph

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:05

I have had zero problems with the normal Jinhao's converters as in the x450,x750, 991, 992, 159. The problem is that the converter of the 129 is smaller in diameter. Also, as I said, I like to use long cartridges. The nozzle of the cartridge is the problem with the Pelikan cartridge, not outer diameter.
I just want to know if someone who owns the pen has had any success with other cartridges.

#7 Gord K.

Gord K.

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2020 - 22:16

I apologize, I read your original post and totally overlooked your comment about trying Pelikan cartridges. My response was somewhat inappropriate for the question you asked. I have no experience with the Jinhao 126 but a Waterman long cartridge seems to fit okay on my Jinhao 911 and Jinhao 51a.

#8 Eusorph

Eusorph

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 19:34

I apologize, I read your original post and totally overlooked your comment about trying Pelikan cartridges. My response was somewhat inappropriate for the question you asked. I have no experience with the Jinhao 126 but a Waterman long cartridge seems to fit okay on my Jinhao 911 and Jinhao 51a.

Thank you. :-)

#9 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2020 - 01:54

Does anybody know which cartridges fit in the jinhao 126? The included converter is very small and I prefer to use long international cartridges. Pelikan long cartridges do fit, but they break because the mouth is too small.

I suppose you did try these cartridges...

Attached Images

• jinhao2.jpg

#10 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,638 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2020 - 01:59

you can do some experimentation with various brands, but jinhao does use a slightly larger than typical standard international.

Jinhao does not make a long cartridge, only shorties, so you're unfortunately stuck with either using a cartridge and a spare in the barrel (what I prefer anyways) or experimenting with aurora or other companies that make long SI cartridges.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#11 Thymen

Thymen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2020 - 14:49

Waterman cartridges also break, even more easily than Pelikan. Happened to me quite a few times, and it makes quite a mess when they do.

You could try Diamine cartridges; I had not one of these break.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jinhao

Sponsored Content

|