Faked Parker Models.

CatalinD

Greetings! I am really curious what Parker models get faked often so I decided to ask here.

By faked I mean items trying to fool you into thinking it is the real thing not stuff like Hero 330 (or 616, I can't remember which one looks like the 45).

I am especially interested in 75s since I am looking forward into adding one to my collection (silver cisele or gold models to be exact) but I am also interested in general.

I've seen a lot of Sonnets for around 10$.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CatalinD

• Beechwood

• rochester21

• inkstainedruth

I agree on the Sonnet, there are far too many fake Sonnets on eBay, many pretending to be the real thing or having a description that is just this side of misleading using words such as Chinese Parker Sonnet,

I may have misinterepreted your question but you give the impression that you are looking to buy a fake Parker 75.

If that is correct my best advice is to save your money fand buy a real Parker 75, many would say it is the best made of all Parkers that you will enjoy using and also when it is time to move it on then you should be able to sell it for more than you paid today.

A fake pen is only good for the trash and you need to consider if you feel that you are contributing to a trade which some regard as illegal and is certainly unethical in that the makers set out to deceive.

Edited by Beechwood

Not in the slightest. Quite the opposite, in fact.I asked if there are faked Parker pens especially 75s so as to know the odds of getting scammed.

I assure you, I wouldn't spend a penny on a non-genuine item, no matter what it is.

Not in the slightest. Quite the opposite, in fact.I asked if there are faked Parker pens especially 75s so as to know the odds of getting scammed.

I assure you, I wouldn't spend a penny on a non-genuine item, no matter what it is.

I certainly have not seen any fake 75s so I think you are pretty safe.

Peter

Hold up.

I thought the Chinese Parker sonnets... Were actual parkers, except made in china under license? Much like the Parkers made in India under license to Luxor?

Some people are way too concerned about "genuine" stuff. I actually bothered to write with a fake sonnet, it was a fine writing instrument, nothing wrong with it. Excelent fine-medium nib.

And no, nobody made any parker 75 clones, but wing sung did copy the general shape of the 75 and made their own version in the 90s. But, those pens are rare outside China.

Edited by rochester21

Hold up.

I thought the Chinese Parker sonnets... Were actual parkers, except made in china under license? Much like the Parkers made in India under license to Luxor?

We are taking about chinese clones here, not licensed products.

And yes, the fake sonnets made today are very good as far as clones go, both the fp and the ballpoint. I am using both. They even bothered to copy the writing on the ballpoint refill. Nice.

Some people are way too concerned about "genuine" stuff. I actually bothered to write with a fake sonnet, it was a fine writing instrument, nothing wrong with it. Excelent fine-medium nib.

And no, nobody made any parker 75 clones, but wing sung did copy the general shape of the 75 and made their own version in the 90s. But, those pens are rare outside China.

Well, yes I am a bit too concerned about getting a fake, I'll agree, If I wasn't this topic wouldn't be a thing. I just don't want to end up spending the kind of money one would spend on an original and get a fake instead. I have never said that fakes are horrible because I know how good fakes became in recent years, almost indistinguishable.

Hold up.

Well, Luxor doesn't have the price gap Chinese Sonnets have compared to their French counterparts. They are still made in France right? I know they also have or had factories in the UK and the US.

Many years ago a Chinese manufacturer called Hoover made a copy of a Parker 75 Cisele, this was about 1980, I have not seen one since then.

Hold up.

No sonnets are made in China. Anything which looks like a sonnet and comes from China is a counterfeit.

Many years ago a Chinese manufacturer called Hoover made a copy of a Parker 75 Cisele, this was about 1980, I have not seen one since then.

A copy as in a 75 counterfit or simply like Hero did with the 51?

A copy as in a 75 counterfit or simply like Hero did with the 51?

The pen had the Ciselle pattern and nib/section design but was branded as Hoover.

I bought one, it cost .20 Euro, (20 cents) but the feed crumbled soon after purchase and was thrown away

Edited by Beechwood

Selling "fake" anything that is offered as "genuine" is called stealing!

And, yes, everyone should be concerned about it.

Edited by Glenn-SC

I agree.

Fake pens don't kill people, but they do effectively steal the differences between the real and the fake from the buyer and put that difference into the pocket of the counterfeiter.

And as indicated by others, typically fakes are poorly made and do not function well or long and thus take away what many of us consider to be the allocating of resources from the long term product that we intended to purchase.

Some might say that isn't a problem if one gets the disposable fake cheap enough, but they aren't typically sold as disposable fakes, they are sold deceptively and if I want to purchase a cheap disposable fountain pen, there are some well made ones out there, especially those made by Pilot and there are some good low cost semi-disposable (it is unclear how long they will last due to the materials used) Chinese made pens that I could purchase if I wanted to.

Selling "fake" anything that is offered as "genuine" is called stealing!

And, yes, everyone should be concerned about it.

I agree wholeheartedly! Whatever brand reputation/goodwill a manufacturer builds doesn’t deserve to be destroyed by a counterfeit product. For all of us on here who “know” better, imagine the thousands of people who get duped thinking they are getting a great deal on the real thing but end up getting a crappy substitute and then never go back to experience the real product.

Similarly, imagine the outcry there would be if this were a fake Mont Blanc pen or Louis Vuitton bag!

That’s why Rolex spends so much money to actively protect their brand image.

This is exactly why I have asked.

I would like to address another question regarding the 75, but I don't think there is any need to create a new topic just for this:

Are all Parker 75 cicele made out of solid sterling silver or are there plated models as well? In the specific cicle finish, not anything else.

This is the one I've been eyeing out for the last couple of days:

https://imgur.com/a/ZkeZzf1

PS: did any of you buy from "huatt-fountain-pen.japan"?

Life is too short to be buying a fake pen.

Add: I personally feel strongly that making, selling and buying counterfeit items is really wrong.

Edited by como

Good morning CatalinD and Matlock,

Years ago I bought several fake 75s on Canal St in Chinatown, Lower Manhattan. Same size as genuine 75s, they even had the same nib design but in GP metal. Arrow clip, cap tassie and barrel tassie -- all the details. They were obvious fakes because they came in multi-color finishes which Parker never produced. They had built-in aeromatic fillers. Don't recall specifically, but doubt I paid more than $5. for each. Kept them for years as curiosities, and sold them a couple of years ago to my friend SpeerBob who knew exactly what they were.

Best wishes,

Barry.