The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Repair/replacement Mechanism Of A Parker Vacumatic Pencil?

parker vacumatic mechanism pencil mechanical

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aanidar

aanidar

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2020 - 14:55

Hello, 

I have a parker vacumatic twist type pencil that I recently received as part of a Vacumatic FP/Pencil set (though.. they don't look like an original set as the bands don't match). 

The body is in excellent condition but the mechanism doesn't seem to be working. I can twist it either direction without reaching any stop and I do not see the clutch or anything extend from the tip to grip the lead. I have tried slipping lead in it but do not feel anything in the barrel to clear out so I don't think it's a lead jam. I don't see a way to take the mechanism apart for further inspection. 

Does anyone have any experience with these and advice on how to try to get it working? Or is there some place to buy a replacement mechanism/send it for repair? 

I've attached some images of the pencil and mechanism. 

Attached Images

• Untitled.png

Sponsored Content

#2 DimHelmet

DimHelmet

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2020 - 20:41

The metal sleeve should pull off the mechanism.  I just got a Parker Challenger pencil and the mechanism works sometimes, but won't hold lead and gets stuck in the fully retracted position.  I tore the whole thing apart today and the tube that holds the sleeve has been damaged.  I've been scouring the Internet a good part of the day looking for replacement parts, but can't find anything.

#3 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,268 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:06

Shouldn’t the metal sleeve be swaged in place on the mechanism head?
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 23-24-25, 2019 AND August 28-29-30, 2020. Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, vacumatic, mechanism, pencil, mechanical

Sponsored Content

|