Front Line Worker: Parker 51 Set

ralfstc

As a tiny gesture of appreciation, I'd like to pass a 1964 Midnight Blue and Gold Parker 51 set along to one of the frontline workers who has been keeping us all going over the last few months. This could be your chance to try out one of the great classics of all time! You could be a doctor, or a retail clerk, or a bus driver, just let me know when you request the set. I'll cover postage too.

The pen has a medium fine nib that writes with character on better paper. On poor quality paper it can be a little gushy for my taste. It's in perfect shape, having had a strip and rebuild with a new (steel) breather tube. The pencil works perfectly, and a box is included.

The pen has a nice history. In 1964 it was a gift to John Cooper, an insurance salesperson in central British Columbia, in recognition of his community work. The smooth gold caps are engraved to memorialise this fact.

I do reserve the right to choose the recipient on an entirely whimsical basis.

It is now Wednesday afternoon, and I'll be closing this off at the weekend. Please PM me, or reply here if you prefer.

Many thanks to all frontline workers.

Ralf

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ralfstc

• almoore

• InsaneRN

• Estycollector

I was thinking about getting in on this, I'm working as an intern at a plant that produces adhesives for industry use like streetlights, under car dashboards, etc. I think I'll pass because I don't see that as essential enough but I appreciate the offer, may I request a writing sample though? I'm curious how fine it writes.

Well, I qualify. School bus driver and school maintenance man. We got 8 extra weeks of cleaning, painting, new floors and more done.

And thank you for the opportunity. I've missed out on giving a couple of pens to students this past year. I usually give one per semester. Yet, no second semester.

Edited by Fuzzy_Bear

Peace and Understanding

Had problems with image upload suddenly, but here's a writing sample on pretty nice paper (but not Rhodia!) . . .

77hRX4t.jpg

I work for the health service, just wanted to say thank you it's a wonderful kindness.

Al

Edited by almoore

I don't qualify, but kudos to the OP for recognizing the many people who have served us so well.

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

I don't qualify, but kudos to the OP for recognizing the many people who have served us so well.

Ditto. You said it before I got a chance to.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

plus one!

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

What a great offer....like most, I don’t qualify for this, but I want to participate if you’ll let me!

If you’re interested, I’ll send the OP a bottle or two of ink to include with the pen.

Mike

Hi folks,

I have a good number of entires, so I'll be closing this at midnight on 21 August (Friday) at midnight Pacific time.

If you want to get in, the time is now!

Thank you!

Ralf

Hi folks,

We have a winner, and they have been notified. Thank you so much for your interest, and take care out there!

And once more, front-line workers, thanks for keeping us all going.

Ralf

What a cool offer, ralfstc!

Not an entry, just a thank you.

The winner is sure to enjoy it and to always recall the generosity.

• 1 month later...

I have to say, that is a great pen and lovely to write with. My friend has one that was originally her fathers and I have had the joy to clean it, fill it, and write with it.