• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bemon

• Estycollector

• pajaro

• NumberSix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- Ballograf Epoca. Sweden's answer to BIC. Got these disposable pens in a few different colours, although I think these are too nice to throw away once empty. You could, I suppose, modify a Parker refill to fit these pens. This pen sits in a little porcelain cup on my desk, along with a few pencils and a Lamy Safari fountain pen. This is the pen I grab when I'm in a hurry.

Ballograf Epoca are refillable using their own proprietary refills. I have swap the top end of the original refill on a Schimdt easyFloww 9000, and now is a decent EDC BP.

Anyway, nice walk-trough you ballpoint collection. I really like the MB from your collection, I was looking for one a while ago, but was double the budget I had, so I had to abandon the idea...

"I have swap the top end of the original refill on a Schimdt easyFloww 9000, and now is a decent EDC BP."

I was wondering about that: Is it possible to grab each of the plastic tops gently with a pliers and pull them out and then simply exchange them with each other?

"I have swap the top end of the original refill on a Schimdt easyFloww 9000, and now is a decent EDC BP."

I was wondering about that: Is it possible to grab each of the plastic tops gently with a pliers and pull them out and then simply exchange them with each other?

Some will work, some not. The exchange between Ballograf and Schimdt refill are perfect fit. I have tried another G2 (Parker style) refill with Ballograf end and didn't work.

My black Caran d'ache 849 with Caran D Ache Goliath Blue Medium Ballpoint Pen Refill 8422.000

It's the perfect LBD of ballpoint pens .

Edited by rosa_m

I have a Cross ballpoint that was a gift from a student. Prior to this I would use whatever was handy. Now I have a precious ballpoint in my pen case.

I also have a few Jotters, which are great when you really need to feel like you're going to write something down! :)

Edited by Muncle

usk15 said;

"Ballograf Epoca are refillable using their own proprietary refills. I have swap the top end of the original refill on a Schimdt easyFloww 9000, and now is a decent EDC BP.

Anyway, nice walk-trough you ballpoint collection. I really like the MB from your collection, I was looking for one a while ago, but was double the budget I had, so I had to abandon the idea..."

Damn, would be nice to get refills for these pens, but they're not available in Australia. The pen itself cost me six or seven dollars (AUD) - Wait a minute. I just checked and it appears that they ARE available here, after all. Good to know. Thanks for letting me know that Ballograf makes refills for these. I assumed that, being similar in weight to a BIC ballpoint, the Ballografs were considered disposable.

As for the Mont Blanc ballpoint, it was pre-owned, and an ex-repair job, so it cost me far less that a brand new one. If I ever lose it, I won't replace it. Nice pen, without a doubt, but I couldn't justify their pricing when new.

Damn, would be nice to get refills for these pens, but they're not available in Australia. The pen itself cost me six or seven dollars (AUD) - Wait a minute. I just checked and it appears that they ARE available here, after all. Good to know. Thanks for letting me know that Ballograf makes refills for these. I assumed that, being similar in weight to a BIC ballpoint, the Ballografs were considered disposable.

The commercial strategy of Ballograf is obscure to me. I live on the boundary between Italy and Austria: in Italy they are impossible to find, neither pens not refills, in Austria you can find them in every shop.

As EDC, my first choice the Rotring Tikky. The grip is very comfortable to me and I can write without fatigue. I have three of them: white, yellow and red.

The second is the Ballograf Epoca. I really like the aesthetic of it. I own four of them: dark blue, burgundy, pink, red with chromed body. They are quite popular in Scandinavian countries and - connecting to my previous post - in Austria. In other European countries are totally unknown. So, every time that I travel to Austria I buy some spare blue refill and go on with them.

My ballpoint of choice is the Lamy 2000, which is a 4-colour multipen. I mainly use it at work where there’s lots of cheapo copier paper that doesn’t like my fountain pens. I use the blue for writing, the red and green for annotating. And where the black should go, I typically use an orange marker refill. I really like the multipen concept and besides... the Lamy looks great.

My ballpoint of choice is the Lamy 2000, which is a 4-colour multipen. I mainly use it at work where there’s lots of cheapo copier paper that doesn’t like my fountain pens. I use the blue for writing, the red and green for annotating. And where the black should go, I typically use an orange marker refill. I really like the multipen concept and besides... the Lamy looks great.

That’s a pretty great pen- I had one but ended up selling it after I realized I only used blue and replaced it with the stainless version.

I have been carrying a Waterman Carene rollerball in blue/gold trim barrel and blue/chrome trim cap around, with a Waterman ballpoint refill in it. I'd rather lose Frankenball than another Pelikan.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not super fond of ballpoints, but sometimes you need them and, being Swedish, I naturally carry a Ballograf Epoca clipped into my briefcase. (My rucksack usually has a UNI Power-Tank.)

As to the Ballografs being the "Swedish Bic" — among "normal" people in Sweden (i.e, that kind that does not hang around internet forums discussing pens, and who would faint at the sight of the price tag of a Lamy 2000), the Ballografs are probably considered "nice" pens, definitely one step above a lowly Bic M10.

I am not a fan of the ubiquitous 'stick' pens that populate doctors' office and medical laboratories, and are used for filling in whatever form they have. They are scratchy-writing things. I will carry a Pentel 1.0 gel pen specifically for filling in their forms.

Hey all, you can get a vintage Parker 45 or Jotter with a gel refill for the price of a good micro brew. It rivals the Pilot Precise 7 and looks good in the pocket.

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Hey all, you can get a vintage Parker 45 or Jotter with a gel refill for the price of a good micro brew. It rivals the Pilot Precise 7 and looks good in the pocket.

That Parker gel refill worked out for you, then? Glad to hear it.

I love my stainless steel jotter with the Parker blue gel refill. :)

As to the Ballografs being the "Swedish Bic" among "normal" people in Sweden (i.e, that kind that does not hang around internet forums discussing pens, and who would faint at the sight of the price tag of a Lamy 2000), the Ballografs are probably considered "nice" pens, definitely one step above a lowly Bic M10.

Yes. Also the price is not the price of a Bic, it is more like the price of a plain Parker Jotter.

I've bought my first two Ballograf Epoca august 2008 in Göteborg 🙂 as the most Swedish thing I could find.

But back in the eighties, I remember having a Ballograf set of ballpoint, fountain pen and mechanical pencil. They were thin and heavy, made of metal and with a matte black lacquer. I still have the pencil. At that time, then, Ballograf was available in Italy as well - unlike now. Pity.