Sharing some pics of my new Woodex flat top pen.

Woodex pens are made by a veteran pen turner Mr P Prabhakara Chari who is based in the Masab tank area of Hyderabad.

His pens have now become available for direct purchase by pen enthusiasts by contacting him or his relatives on their mobile telephone no.

The stock nib option on this pen is an Indian 35mm nib (western no 6) in steel finish with F or M tips. Now I felt the steel finish nib did not go well with the golden trim of the pen. I was looking for a vehicle to carry my 35mm Kanwrite Architect/Arabic nib and this woodex thus became my Woodex Arabic.

The pics:

fpn_1597328288__1f303b03-f30b-4acd-b0dd-

fpn_1597328375__e1fbfab8-9c79-4846-9ae8-

The nib, it starts off as a BB which is then reground.

fpn_1597328455__96e2fbed-f43d-40a5-bcca-

fpn_1597328520__324a3b6a-376d-4856-80d0-

fpn_1597328602__fc575d27-af02-458c-a5c5-

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1597328668__c79f516f-8be1-4534-861e-bc3cb7a0878c.jpeg

The Arabic alongside my trusty Big Red.

fpn_1597328766__b6ea6b94-ca5f-4cfb-b5c7-

fpn_1597328845__061745c8-ed20-49cd-a7ab-

A writing sample.

fpn_1597328922__6590e0c8-c002-435c-8f6c-

The stock pen cost me 950/- plus shipping. The Arabic nib was another few hundred rupees from KW. Installation was self done. Its a nice pen. The nib is very smooth with a slightly sailor zoom nib type behaviour.

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• sniyogy

• markiv

• Dimy

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a really nice pen must say that and I do like full ebonite in green and black ripples (personal opinion this one) although I think this beauty will be a tad bit too large for me though can't say anything unless I try or look at spec sheet, afterall it looks bit slimmer that big red.

Thanks for sharing, sir. These pens are so well made. KW offers this nib grind or did you do it yourself?

Thanks.

Soubhik.

Looks can be so deceiving. It dwarfs the big red!! I like the look of clip...reminds me of Eversharp. Will drop you a note about their contact info.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you

Its a really nice pen must say that and I do like full ebonite in green and black ripples (personal opinion this one) although I think this beauty will be a tad bit too large for me though can't say anything unless I try or look at spec sheet, afterall it looks bit slimmer that big red.

Thank you

Thanks for sharing, sir. These pens are so well made. KW offers this nib grind or did you do it yourself?

Thanks.

Soubhik.

Thank you Soubhik, also for the background information on Mr Chari.

KW offers this nib grind, not my job. It is a standard offering (No 35 Architect) in their price list.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Nice pen, Hari. Thanks for reviewing it.

Is there any specific reason you changed the nibs of both the Woodex pens? Is the custom nib that came with the pen poor quality?

Nice pen, Hari. Thanks for reviewing it.

Is there any specific reason you changed the nibs of both the Woodex pens? Is the custom nib that came with the pen poor quality?

Thank you SBP. This is the specific reason for the nib swap:

" Now I felt the steel finish nib did not go well with the golden trim of the pen. I was looking for a vehicle to carry my 35mm Kanwrite Architect/Arabic nib and this woodex thus became my Woodex Arabic. "

The stock nib on this pen is a kanwrite and the replacement is from the same company so the stock nib was not of substandard quality at all( in my opinion).

In the case of the woodex200 the stock nib was from a pen brand called baoer as mentioned in that post. The pen was suitable to accept a much better nib unit from a m200 hence the change. The stock nib might be adequate if you like a F.

Hope this clarifies.

Edited by hari317

Thanks sir. I have taken a look at their latest catalogue and hope to order some variants when I am back in India for a visit.

As for the Woodex info, you're most welcome.

Thank you Soubhik, also for the background information on Mr Chari.

KW offers this nib grind, not my job. It is a standard offering (No 35 Architect) in their price list.