The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Dog Days Of Summer Sale.......

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MainStreetPens

MainStreetPens

Museum Piece

• Premium - Diamond

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 00:15

Wasn't there a movie with a title like that back in the 70s?   I think we went to see it in the middle of winter. Go figure. I don't remember much about that outing with friends in college except that I learned what a contact attack was, and that people with contacts have a 6th sense that tells them where a bathroom is so that they can make a beeline for it when they have an attack like that.

Which has nothing to do with pens. What does apply is that there's a quick sale from Thursday morning through to the close of business at 1 EDT on Saturday. Free shipping to US destinations on any pen over $100, and there are quite a few very nice pens! Details are on the main pen sales page at Main Street Pens.

pen2778.jpg

Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...
The Blue Fingers Blog is live! Ramblings and musings (and occasional repair tips) from the bench.

Sponsored Content

#2 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2020 - 15:22

'Dog Day Afternoon'. Guy stages a bank robbery. It does not go well.....

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,794 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2020 - 16:17

Ironically, in the real bank robbery the movie was based on, the guy called the NYC radio station I listened to (WNEW-FM), and I got to hear some of it play out right as it was happening.  

Didn't realize when the movie first came out that it was the same case.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2020 - 17:33

with Al Pacino, right?

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,794 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2020 - 00:13

That's right.  He played the bank robber in the movie.  The holdup turned into a huge media sensation at the time because it became a hostage situation.  It's been a long time since I've seen the movie, so I don't remember how much of the part of him calling the radio station is included.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sponsored Content

|