The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Blackstone Inks - Just Write

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,692 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2020 - 16:06

https://www.justwrite.com.au/ JustWrite the maker of Blackstone ink has been offline for months now.  Blackstone inks are still available at other stores but if you love them (like I do), you may want to acquire your bottles now.  This could be a temporary thing, but with cross ocean shipping delays during Covid, we may not see more supplies for a while.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Sponsored Content

#2 TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2020 - 13:47

Thankfully I’ve got two bottles of Sydney Harbour Blue left. I love that ink. Hopefully the company will go back to normal soon!

#3 Strombomboli

Strombomboli

I can't write with ballpoint pens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2020 - 21:48

I fear it's too late. I can't find Blue Gum anywhere, let alone Barrier Reef Blue. I wonder if the company is still in business.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

#4 NumberSix

NumberSix

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2020 - 21:51

Lemur inks has a few available, but not Barrier Reef Blue.

#5 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2020 - 01:27

Hmmm. I thought LarryPOST in Australia would likely carry Blackstone inks, but apparently it doesn't.

(I had to call the folks there just now, because LarryPOST's web site is down and they didn't know about it. Given we're wondering whether certain Australian manufacturers and retailers in this hobby have quietly gone out of business without putting up a post on their web sites, or even Facebook or Instagram, I suggested they attend to the little IT problem promptly, lest they give the wrong impression about LarryPOST's status.)

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#6 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

• 4,632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 00:30

I fear it's too late. I can't find Blue Gum anywhere, let alone Barrier Reef Blue.

Fountainfeder.de must have just received (or found?) a shipment of Blackstone inks, because when I looked a week ago Barrier Reef Blue was not in stock but just now it is. Blue Gum, too.

No affiliation, other than having been a customer of Stefanie's. Her customer service was good, although I'm not entirely (or at all!) happy that she adds the 19% MwSt (i.e. VAT) to the total on an order even when directly exporting to customers outside Europe. If you can't find an ink you want from some other channel, then that's just something you need to decide whether you want to accept, especially if it doesn't look like Blackstone is still trading and/or producing ink.

Edited by A Smug Dill, 31 August 2020 - 01:20.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#7 Strombomboli

Strombomboli

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 20:38

Fountainfeder.de must have just received (or found?) a shipment of Blackstone inks,

Thank you so much! fountainfeder.de actually is the website from where I get my Blackstone supply.

I checked quite often recently, but not these last days. Now all stock is replenished! I'll write her right away to ask her if the large bottles of Barrier Reef Blue and Blue Gum I asked her to order for me have arrived with the small ones.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

#8 Strombomboli

Strombomboli

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:51

Now all stock is replenished!

Unfortunately, that's not true. Two bottles of Barrier Reef Blue and one of Blue Gum just reappeared from somewhere after stock-taking. You were right, she didn't receive, but found them.

I wrote Stefanie yesterday about the large bottles and she answered that Blackstone doesn't answer anymore and that it seems they won't deliver anything in the near future.

The only solution would be to drop in on their office/workshop. Does anybody live near by? Okay, quite improbable and asking too much anyway.

Iris

#9 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

• 4,632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2020 - 11:21

The only solution would be to drop in on their office/workshop. Does anybody live near by? Okay, quite improbable and asking too much anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, Kevin who owns the Blackstone brand is based in the state of Victoria, and Victoria is under Level 4 'lockdown' restrictions at the moment — the strictest compared to the rest of the Australian states — so going for a casual/recon visit is not permitted.

I seriously doubt Blackstone is actually still trading, anyway. My preferred supplier has also said Blackstone isn't responding at all; and, not that I know Kevin or have been in contact with him personally before, but I sent him a polite private message on the FPN platform back in June asking if Blackstone is still operating or trading, and I never got a reply. That's fine, and I didn't take exception per se, when I don't even know if he's still, well, active; but I'm just going to spend my money elsewhere on something else.

#10 Strombomboli

Strombomboli

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2020 - 23:21

I seriously doubt Blackstone is actually still trading, anyway.

So do I.

My preferred supplier has also said Blackstone isn't responding at all;

That's what mine tells, too.

Ach, what a pity! I love these two blues, and I also love the bouncing bottles in which they come, i.e., came.

Iris

Sponsored Content

|