The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Calling It An "ink" Pen

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 03:51

This older Australian lady we visited with last Christmas called Fountain pens,  ink pens.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

Sponsored Content

#62 praxim

praxim

still on twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:28

OK. I have not come across it here, they have always been fountain pens. We do distinguish pin and pen in pronunciation, as we do the earlier examples of Mary, merry and marry. Regional differences are present but rarely dramatic. New Zealanders are more different. They have a couple of odd (to our ears) pronunciations, not least six sounding like sex.

When you receive new information you can change your mind, or you can close it; or you can try shooting the messenger.

#63 Estycollector

Estycollector

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:57

If someone asked me for an ink pen before getting into this hobby, I would have handed them anything that used ink as opposed to lead. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

#64 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 15:49

I've heard indian friends and friends from several african countries call them ink pens.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sponsored Content

|