The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Leonardo, Delta -What Am I Missing?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2020 - 20:20

Well, the problem is that Scribo has gone with very, very expensive pens.  Leonardo has not a single pen that is as expensive as the "Feel" pen, which is apparently their only model. 

When your fountain pen costs more than $500, it really has to be special.  I am not willing to find out how special.  I prefer to buy three Leonardo MZ pens and have money left over.

Erick

Leonardo has had several above that price range.  They are limited editions and usually of special materials.

Sponsored Content

#22 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2020 - 00:08

Well, the problem is that Scribo has gone with very, very expensive pens.  Leonardo has not a single pen that is as expensive as the "Feel" pen, which is apparently their only model. 

When your fountain pen costs more than $500, it really has to be special.  I am not willing to find out how special.  I prefer to buy three Leonardo MZ pens and have money left over.

Erick

Ive been thinking the same, except I dont really want three Leonardo pens. Im enjoying my Positano a lot because its not overpriced, the steel nib writes surprisingly well, and the filling system is kind of playful (its a converter but you can pretend for a moment that its not ...)
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#23 langere

langere

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 20:07

What?  Save your money for other things?  I'm not sure I can understand that... :D

Staedtler Corium Urbes Buenos Aires "F" nib running Sailor Jentle Ink Black

Benu Supreme "F" nib running J. Herbin 1670 Hematite Red

Lorelei 667 "F" nib running Pelikan Brilliant Brown

Sponsored Content

|