The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

When Posting, Pens With A Screw Top Option On The Barrel?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 cougarking

cougarking

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:50

not easy to find as even before Delta closed down the pen was already discontinued, however I consider the Delta Parthenope Old Napoli as a very nice example of what you are looking for.

The pen is designed so that the shape, size and balance is best when the cap is screwed on at the end.

The Parthenope (on the right) was also available in red marbled, brown marbled and blue marbled, besides black.

fpn_1597759711__p1080918-3_delta_parthen

fpn_1597760497__delta_parthenope_brown_m

Look good will try to see if i can find further info and a price- Thanks

This Taccia Covenant Midnight Breeze has a screw-on cap, exactly the size of the barrel, that screws softly onto the body. Very satisfying to undo but gives the pen a bonkers balance if posted.
Whilst it ticks one box for you, I'm pretty sure this unticks another.

Lovely pen and for some reason produces some of my finest handwriting.fpn_taccia_covenant_midnight_breeze.jpeg

Wow, thats looks like it will be a tall pen. don't recognize the brand- where are they from? 

Sponsored Content

#22 cougarking

cougarking

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:55

Ah, the Montblanc mini Mozart too.

thanks but slightly  expensive and to small

For something in the affordable range, the TWSBI mini has a threaded distal end, and is a great value for a very enjoyable pen.

thanks will have a look at

Montblanc Starwalker.

Had a look, really nice pen, put the price is  not so good. like the blue mb logo!

#23 cougarking

cougarking

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 04:00

Stipula Passaporto -- though for these you need to attach the cap... They are the size/shape of a pill you'd give to a horse (or something you'd shove into the other end).

I should have included this image

fpn_1554596950__passaporto.jpg

(Added 1855 UTC Tuesday 11)

I have an old Bexley Tuck-Away in which the cap threads to the tail.

Thats neat-  will have a look - hope its not too small !

For something in the affordable range, the TWSBI mini has a threaded distal end, and is a great value for a very enjoyable pen.

will check it out hope its not too mini !

#24 cougarking

cougarking

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 04:06

Some Cross pens let the cap click onto the barrel end.

Any idea's which models?

#25 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:59

Look good will try to see if i can find further info and a price- Thanks

Wow, thats looks like it will be a tall pen. don't recognize the brand- where are they from? 

I'd never heard of them either. I saw mine in the Fountain Pen Hospital catalogue and couldn't resist picking it up for a son at The London Pen Show.

More info for you here :)

#26 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2020 - 16:54

Thats neat-  will have a look - hope its not too small !

They are small. And the ebonite and left-most clear are previous generation models, no longer available. The black and rightmost clear are the "Superleggero" variation -- half the cost, and much cheaper made (I'm 99% sure that "metal" section is chromed plastic. The Superleggero are eye-dropper only -- previous generation could be used with short International standard cartridges. The "Bon Voyage" is similar size previous generation but had flat(ter) ends and a pocket clip. (NOTE: all images are much larger if clicked on)

fpn_1580847524__pen_collection-8.jpg

You can see how small compared to the Sheaffer Prelude, Lady Sheaffer, and "School Pen", and Parker 45

fpn_1580843173__pen_collection-2.jpg
Bon Voyage is the green on upper right. The orange two to the left of it is an Etruria.

fpn_1580844079__pen_collection-3.jpg

The bright red on upper right is the Bexley Tuck-Away. Note that the cap comes ALL the way down to the lower trim ring, so you can estimate how long this pen gets when you post the cap. Only uses short cartridges, not long enough for converter.

Edited by BaronWulfraed, 19 August 2020 - 16:56.

#27 Pensei

Pensei

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:16

Inexpensive: Muji, as noted above.

Less inexpensive: Sailor Mini, which is a lot of fun and a great writer. 

#28 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,137 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 08:26

fpn_1599293772__9faa0355-e343-440f-b390-

fpn_1599293826__c473bb20-86e4-4de7-9e2b-
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#29 corniche

corniche

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 09:09

fpn_1599293772__9faa0355-e343-440f-b390-

fpn_1599293826__c473bb20-86e4-4de7-9e2b-

Hi Hari,

What is that pen? Wouldn't mind getting one.

- Sean :)
https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

#30 corniche

corniche

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 09:11

Hi Cougar,

Click to post is a bit more common, but threaded bottom finials are harder to find, but here's another: the Conklin Endura.

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

#31 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,137 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:40

Hi Hari,

What is that pen? Wouldn't mind getting one.

the model name I forget. But the pen is made by a shop in India called Abhay pen agencies. Their pens have the brand name Mohi. HTH.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Sponsored Content

|