The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Broken Twsbi 580Al

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 moksaa

moksaa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 14:09

Hello,

Any recommendations on how to fix this pen? Or somewhere I can send it to be fixed? Preferably in Europe or the UK, but I'll consider anywhere.

Thank you!   

Attached Images

• IMG_0386.jpeg

Sponsored Content

#2 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 17:28

I would contact TWSBI.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#3 moksaa

moksaa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 17:54

Just did so. Thank you!

#4 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 23:52

Hello,

Any recommendations on how to fix this pen? Or somewhere I can send it to be fixed? Preferably in Europe or the UK, but I'll consider anywhere.

Thank you!   

If you know how to remove the piston from the back, and can find something slim enough to fit through the aperture at the top of the barrel (once you've screwed out the nib unit), you *should* be able to reattach the parts of the piston, and they *should* stay firmly together as long as you grease the rubber part so it glides smoothly.  [My guess is that the piston head has gotten stuck because of too much friction with the barrel wall - silicone grease will fix that!]

That said, it's probably worth waiting for TWSBI to see what they have to say - since you've mailed them already.

#5 AlexLeGrande

AlexLeGrande

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2020 - 23:00

I've done this repair several times from the unscrewed nib and collar using an unbent paper clip after removing the piston from the blind cap end.  A bit of silicon grease which is included in the TWSBI packaging on the reseated plunger does the trick.

Sponsored Content

|