The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Woodex 200

woodex prabhakar telangana pen handmade pen

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2020 - 13:10

Sharing some pics of a recent purchase. Its from a new brand from Hyderabad called Woodex.

This is a steel jacket cap ebonite ED filled pen. The cap is also lined with ebonite. The stock nib was a Baoer fitted over a 5.1mm ebonite feed. I thought a M200 nib unit might be a nice upgrade. So I decided to call this pen my Woodex 200. As you can see from the pics, the pen is built very well and looks lovely ( at least to me :) )

Enjoy the pics.

fpn_1596890854__172c7dc9-b29a-4c3b-afef-

fpn_1596890914__2a19967c-3f9c-4f15-9eb4-

fpn_1596891015__cc884875-cf82-4b6d-b84c-

fpn_1596891092__1ebd23ce-4f9a-459b-adb0-

fpn_1596891165__bc787ac6-d806-4e12-865e-

fpn_1596891353__6a183c21-0315-4fc3-a50e-

Best
Hari
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Sponsored Content

#2 S_B_P

S_B_P

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2020 - 13:30

Nice pen, Hari.

Never heard of this before, and a google search gave this blog (https://www.inkedhap...-namaste-india/) with a nice review.

Where did you buy it from?

Costs also seem reasonable.

Ebonite pens with steel caps are not very common, right?

#3 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2020 - 13:42

Thank you SBP.
Deccan has offered several( steel cap. Golden cap etc) But not the others of the current lot.
There was apparently a group buy for this a few weeks back. A contact bought on my behalf and sent it. Prices seem to be in the same ballpark of other plain ebonite ED only pens. HTH.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#4 sniyogy

sniyogy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 13:37

Sharing some pics of a recent purchase. Its from a new brand from Hyderabad called Woodex.

This is a steel jacket cap ebonite ED filled pen. The cap is also lined with ebonite. The stock nib was a Baoer fitted over a 5.1mm ebonite feed. I thought a M200 nib unit might be a nice upgrade. So I decided to call this pen my Woodex 200. As you can see from the pics, the pen is built very well and looks lovely ( at least to me :) )

Enjoy the pics.

fpn_1596890854__172c7dc9-b29a-4c3b-afef-

fpn_1596890914__2a19967c-3f9c-4f15-9eb4-

fpn_1596891015__cc884875-cf82-4b6d-b84c-

fpn_1596891092__1ebd23ce-4f9a-459b-adb0-

fpn_1596891165__bc787ac6-d806-4e12-865e-

fpn_1596891353__6a183c21-0315-4fc3-a50e-

Best
Hari

Hello Sir,

The pen looks beautiful especially with the nib upgrade. I have often noticed how you upgrade the nib and make a pen even more attractive. Would love to know how you accommodate nib units in ED pens like these. I apologise if it's a repeated query.

There is a Pelikan homage by the same maker. Have you seen those?

Thanks.

#5 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 13:44

Hello Sir,

The pen looks beautiful especially with the nib upgrade. I have often noticed how you upgrade the nib and make a pen even more attractive. Would love to know how you accommodate nib units in ED pens like these. I apologise if it's a repeated query.

There is a Pelikan homage by the same maker. Have you seen those?

Thanks.

Hi Niyogi ji
I cut threads inside the section, machine the profile required for the nib unit etc. It's mostly since I love good nibs paired with our Indian ebonites and secondly I hope the pen makers get inspired to offer such upgrades themselves. If I can do it, they certainly can.
I have not seen their pelikan tribute. Can you pls post a pic on this thread. It will be v helpful.
Thanks
Hari

#6 sniyogy

sniyogy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 15:19

Hi Niyogi ji
I cut threads inside the section, machine the profile required for the nib unit etc. It's mostly since I love good nibs paired with our Indian ebonites and secondly I hope the pen makers get inspired to offer such upgrades themselves. If I can do it, they certainly can.
I have not seen their pelikan tribute. Can you pls post a pic on this thread. It will be v helpful.
Thanks
Hari

Thank you for the explanation Sir. I assume you use an appropriate tap and die set? I wholeheartedly agree with your idea of inspiring our indigenous pen makers to offer such upgrades.

Below are three of the model I mentioned. The first one I modified a bit by replacing the section that is more streamlined hour glass profile and a clip which looks more like a Pelikan clip. The other two are as they were to begin with. I got these three in early 2019, I think, though they are still offered by the same maker.

Hope this helps.

Attached Images

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23 (4).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23 (3).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23 (2).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23 (1).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23.jpeg

#7 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 15:41

Thank you for the explanation Sir. I assume you use an appropriate tap and die set? I wholeheartedly agree with your idea of inspiring our indigenous pen makers to offer such upgrades.

Below are three of the model I mentioned. The first one I modified a bit by replacing the section that is more streamlined hour glass profile and a clip which looks more like a Pelikan clip. The other two are as they were to begin with. I got these three in early 2019, I think, though they are still offered by the same maker.

Hope this helps.

yes I sometimes use a tap to cut the internal threads, boring bars to cut the contours.

Thank you for the pics.

http://www.fountainp...ute-to-pelikan/

http://www.fountainp...pens-hyderabad/

What is the best way to regularly buy these Woodex pens ?

Best
Hari

#8 sniyogy

sniyogy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 15:54

yes I sometimes use a tap to cut the internal threads, boring bars to cut the contours.

Thank you for the pics.

http://www.fountainp...ute-to-pelikan/

http://www.fountainp...pens-hyderabad/

What is the best way to regularly buy these Woodex pens ?

Best
Hari

Thanks for the previous posts sir. I have the other Deccan model called the Pelkan as well. The owner can be contacted over whatsapp or phone via his son-in-law. I do not know the etiquette in this forum regarding contact details sharing. For now I will use the email address in your footer and send you the information. Hope that is OK.

Thanks.

Soubhik

#9 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 15:56

Thanks for the previous posts sir. I have the other Deccan model called the Pelkan as well. The owner can be contacted over whatsapp or phone via his son-in-law. I do not know the etiquette in this forum regarding contact details sharing. For now I will use the email address in your footer and send you the information. Hope that is OK.

Thanks.
Soubhik

That will really be super helpful. Thank you sir.

#10 sniyogy

sniyogy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 16:07

That will really be super helpful. Thank you sir.

I have sent you the mail sir. Happy to help.

#11 mhguda

mhguda

It's mostly the paper that gets me now...

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 17:08

sniyogi, those are very nice-looking pens, and I think the hourglass shaped section is indeed an improvement... I especially like the patterned ebonite bodies. Enjoy!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

#12 sniyogy

sniyogy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 18:15

sniyogi, those are very nice-looking pens, and I think the hourglass shaped section is indeed an improvement... I especially like the patterned ebonite bodies. Enjoy!

#13 sniyogy

sniyogy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 18:16

Thank you. They are extremely well made.

#14 gillum51

gillum51

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2020 - 01:09

these look extremely interesting.  I'm always on the lookout for more Indian Ebonite pens!

#15 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2020 - 16:04

The one thing that is a mark against a Pelikan M200 for me is that it has a section that is too thin. I estimate that i'd have to buy a Souveran 800 for the 'right' diameter section for my hands. Which is already provided in most Ranga pens.

I wonder if Mr Pandurangan at Ranga would bore a section to fit a Pelikan unit nib?

What better excuse do I need to buy another Ranga pen?

#16 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2020 - 23:43

The one thing that is a mark against a Pelikan M200 for me is that it has a section that is too thin. I estimate that i'd have to buy a Souveran 800 for the 'right' diameter section for my hands. Which is already provided in most Ranga pens.

I wonder if Mr Pandurangan at Ranga would bore a section to fit a Pelikan unit nib?

What better excuse do I need to buy another Ranga pen?

To my knowledge Ranga does offer that service, you need to send them the nib for them to thread the pen correctly

ask Mr. Kandan

(actually I'm interested in the reply too... :))

In my experience the M200 nib is however somewhat small for the regular Ranga models, an M800 would be a more proportionate size...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: woodex, prabhakar, telangana pen, handmade pen

Sponsored Content

|