The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Sheaffers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

npd vpd vintage new pen

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2020 - 20:58

Odd. The inlaid nibs on the Targas (and PFMs) are exceptionally robust.

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Sponsored Content

#22 Estycollector

Estycollector

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2020 - 10:17

I received the two vintage Sheaffers I ordered, a Snorkel and a Targa (I guess the Targa isn't "vintage"). They wrote beautifully -- both mediums. 

However, I did not like how fragile the nibs felt, especially on the Targa. In both pens, I kept feeling like I was going to bend them or even break them. And I am not a hard writer. 

So I hated to do it, but I decided to send them back. They were too expensive to instantly become pens I never use.  :(

I guess I have been spoiled by those bulletproof Parker hooded nibs. 

You've become more discriminating, a good thing!! Knowing what you prefer and sending back a highly sought after couple of pens is a big deal. :)

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

#23 NumberSix

NumberSix

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:22

You've become more discriminating, a good thing!! Knowing what you prefer and sending back a highly sought after couple of pens is a big deal. :)

That's a lovely way of looking at it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: npd, vpd, vintage, new pen

Sponsored Content

|