The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Which Schmidt Fits Retro 51 Tornado ?

retro 51 tornado rollerball schmidt

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GNL

GNL

GNL

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 01:53

I recently purchased a Retro 51 Deluxe Stealth Tornado Rollerball (the all-black one), which I'm enjoying.  The refill says "Retro 51" on it, but is this actually made by Schmidt?  

My favorite roller refill is the Schmidt 8127 Long Capless Rollerball Refill in medium, blue, but that won't fit in this pen.  Is there a substantially similar Schmidt that will fit the Volcano?

Thanks,

Gary

Attached Images

• Retro51-TornadoRB-Stealth-stock7_1500x.jpg

Edited by GNL, 29 July 2020 - 04:39.

Current favorite pen: Montblanc 144 Meisterstuck purchased at Art Brown in 1984. After 25 years, every part has been replaced except the nib. Still a gorgeous writing instrument, rock-solid reliable, gives me hours of pleasure to use.
Current favorite ink: PR Supershow Blue
Current favorite paper: Kokuyo Ice notepads from Japan

Sponsored Content

#2 usk15

usk15

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2020 - 22:28

Schimdt is a very big refill company, producing refill for pretty much all major company out there. I think you are looking for Schmidt P8126/7 (F/M), the one that I currently have in my Karas EDK V1. I have also a Schmidt 8127 in rOtring Jazz RB and that it is longer than P8126.

https://www.cultpens...pen-refill-fine

Edited by usk15, 29 July 2020 - 22:31.

#3 ISW_Kaputnik

ISW_Kaputnik

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2020 - 23:13

I have a Retro 51 rollerball in which I keep a red ink refill.  I don't use red ink often enough to want to keep it in a fountain pen, although I use them for most other things.

Looking inside that pen just now, I find that it has a Schmidt P 8126 refill.  So I think you'd be safe with that, and of course it's not just available in red.  Going to the Jet Pens site, (disclaimers, not affiliated, link is for information but I have bought from them) and looking at the recommended refills for these pens confirms this.  It will also take Schmidt EasyFlow 9000 ballpoint refills and a number of other refills with the Parker ballpoint form, even though the end caps on those are a quite different shape from the Schmidt/Retro 51 rollerball refills.

Edited by ISW_Kaputnik, 29 July 2020 - 23:20.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do." - Benjamin Franklin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: retro 51, tornado, rollerball, schmidt

Sponsored Content

|