The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ideas To Explore Various Nib Types In Indian Pens..

nib broad stub italic oblique

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:35

I  was grateful that Mr Mehandiratta spared me a few Ambitious 'M' tip nibs in India #8 size that is standard in the bigger Wality pens.

of my Wality pens that have had the nibs swapped only one has an Ambitious nib. The others are Kanwrite, whether branded (K)  or OEM.

I have a two Jinhaos with India-made nibs, but that's OT for this thread.

I have some unbranded 35mm nibs that have a pressed tip, not a ball-end. I have not tried to put one in an Indian pen. I would be more likely to buy from Kanpur Writers. I tried Ambitious and I believe the minimum order was 100 pieces.

Sponsored Content

#22 S_B_P

S_B_P

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 15:49

On browsing youtube for devnagari calligraphy I found that a lot of professional calligraphers use a nib called 'Arul nib'. They manufacture a lot of calligraphy nibs with left oblique cut for English and right oblique cut for devnagari. Anybody else heard of them?

I bought some and fitted on an old Camlin pen.

I am not competent to judge how a calligraphy pen should write like, but it writes wet at the correct angle. Got the first feel of a sharp italic nib.

http://www.fountainp...0378__arul.jpeg

#23 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,124 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 15:57

On browsing youtube for devnagari calligraphy I found that a lot of professional calligraphers use a nib called 'Arul nib'. They manufacture a lot of calligraphy nibs with left oblique cut for English and right oblique cut for devnagari. Anybody else heard of them?
I bought some and fitted on an old Camlin pen.
I am not competent to judge how a calligraphy pen should write like, but it writes wet at the correct angle. Got the first feel of a sharp italic nib.

http://www.fountainp...0378__arul.jpeg

They are quite popular at least in south india. You get a blister card with just the nibs. Seen plenty of them at Deccan and also at Bangalore. Did you get a calligraphy pen set or just the nibs?
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#24 S_B_P

S_B_P

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 16:03

They are quite popular at least in south india. You get a blister card with just the nibs. Seen plenty of them at Deccan and also at Bangalore. Did you get a calligraphy pen set or just the nibs?

I got a pen set, but the pen had a plastic look and feel, so didn't like the pen. If I buy again (for devnagari right oblique nibs) it will be just the nib set.

#25 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,124 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 16:15

Lets see if the pics load

https://encrypted-tb...hnqRz5k0jA&s=10

https://encrypted-tb...TENBC5zPpg&s=10
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#26 S_B_P

S_B_P

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 17:28

Ya it is the same ones I have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nib, broad, stub, italic, oblique

Sponsored Content

|