• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• warholita

• Karmachanic

• XYZZY

• pennonia

Not working for me, I get a map and can select countries to see number of inks but no info on names or origins. I tried with both Safari and Chrome.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Not working for me, I get a map and can select countries to see number of inks but no info on names or origins. I tried with both Safari and Chrome.

It confused me at first too. At the top of the page where you see "Inks - about names & origins", look at the line right below that, which says "". Click on the ">".

The data is interactive, but it frequently doesn't do what I expected :-)

@Karmachanic: your thread title sounds like a dare ;) How long until somebody starts listing what is omitted?

@Karmachanic: your thread title sounds like a dare ;) How long until somebody starts listing what is omitted?

I merely posted the link.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Oh wow... that is so awesome.... now if somebody would just include swatches...............

Thoreau "for every thousand hacking at the branches of evil, there is one chopping at the root"

The last page offers a Form, which did not work for me, to notify of missing entries.

Ahhh, I see! Thank you for the kind explanation, now it works :)

It confused me at first too. At the top of the page where you see "Inks - about names & origins", look at the line right below that, which says "". Click on the ">".

The data is interactive, but it frequently doesn't do what I expected :-)

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hi there,

This is Maria, the one from Madrid, the one who is behind the report or whatever you want to call it: Fountain Pen Inks: About names & origins.

It all started about the inks´ names and it has become a larger project, not as ambitious as the title of the post, but we will try our best to include all the inks possible. So far, for the next edition we already reached 2,400 inks. New brands have been included and also new inks we did not identify on the first round.

The bug with the form link has been fixed so feel free to contribute via the form or just email me (data on the last page). I´m really bad with graphic/visual presentations so any suggestion to improve the report, which data to reproduce or mix, or ideas for new graphs are always welcome too.

I would love to include swatches. I think I would need a link to a swatch for each ink …any ideas? I would love to have the swatches here, but I haven't tried all the inks included :) not even a 10% ...

Thanks for the suggestion to merge data with Klundtasaur's Inkcyclopedia, anyone knows how to contact them?

This is incredible! Can't imagine how many hours went into this presentation! Love it!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hi there,

This is Maria, the one from Madrid, the one who is behind the report or whatever you want to call it: Fountain Pen Inks: About names & origins.

It all started about the inks´ names and it has become a larger project, not as ambitious as the title of the post, but we will try our best to include all the inks possible. So far, for the next edition we already reached 2,400 inks. New brands have been included and also new inks we did not identify on the first round.

The bug with the form link has been fixed so feel free to contribute via the form or just email me (data on the last page). I´m really bad with graphic/visual presentations so any suggestion to improve the report, which data to reproduce or mix, or ideas for new graphs are always welcome too.

I would love to include swatches. I think I would need a link to a swatch for each ink …any ideas? I would love to have the swatches here, but I haven't tried all the inks included :) not even a 10% ...

Thanks for the suggestion to merge data with Klundtasaur's Inkcyclopedia, anyone knows how to contact them?

Hola Maria Warholita!

Thank you so much for your effort, which will benefit so many people.

You can find klundtasur on reddit

Hola Maria Warholita!

Thank you so much for your effort, which will benefit so many people.

You can find klundtasur on reddit

thanks! I will contact & see what we can do ...

Maria, that is some wonderful work! Thank you.

Now we just need a movie made out of this, starring Kevin SpaceyChristopher Plummer. ;)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Awesome project! I immediately checked out mine :P but now I think I'll just explore the map, see which country has inks I have never heard about :D

I would also like to call attention to the newly launched: https://inkswatch.com/

if there will ever be a combination of the two type of databases.

Worth checking out too : www.fpc.ink

Yours are included, aren´t they? :)

Thanks for the tips, the link with the swatch database is great, I hope we´ll be able to do something together, I will contact them asap

New inks and brands are being included ... so far 2.600 inks and more on the way. I´ll keep you posted,

Awesome project! I immediately checked out mine :P but now I think I'll just explore the map, see which country has inks I have never heard about :D

I would also like to call attention to the newly launched: https://inkswatch.com/

if there will ever be a combination of the two type of databases.

Worth checking out too : www.fpc.ink

Great from an art point of view, but this approach gives no indication what the inks look like coming out of fountain pen nibs. So for me, unfortunately not much use.

• 2 months later...

Hi again,

Thanks to this thread and your good advice (thanks @Mint for the tip) I got in contact with Inkswatch and we´ve been working togehter. Today the ink database I created is available at their site: https://www.inkswatch.com/names.html

There have been some new addtions to the database which now has more than 4,500 inks from 28 countries and 169 brands :yikes: ... and more on the way! Feel free to play with the tables and data. There are links to the swatches at Inkswatch too

Thinking about how to share what inspires the inks & colours I´ve also created an IG account @Inks.inspiration with posts about inks related to a particular theme and so far it´s being really fun. There are inks inspired or related to almost anything you can think of

Thanks again for your advice and suggestions. Work is in progress so feel free to comment. There will be new data added in the future, I´m working on it

Now it looks we are closer to the goal ... all the (fountain pen) inks in the world? :D

Edited by warholita

Excellent! I'm glad you have combined forces and magnificent work so far!

Would it be possible to add a country filter to page 5?

I'm looking forward to seeing how things will develop in the future! :D