The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Darkest Black Inks Easily Available In India?

ink dark black

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 S_B_P

S_B_P

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2020 - 17:36

I use black ink from Bril or Camlin and write with a fine nib. I feel that they give a lighter shade on paper than I expect, especially when soft pressure is applied.

I need more darker hue to my ink.

Are any other brands of ink available in India that have very dark black colour?

Sponsored Content

#2 SUNIL GARG

SUNIL GARG

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2020 - 18:05

Aurora Black from Italy, quite well known for a blackest black is available in India. Inks from Pilot, Iroshi Take Sumi, Pelikan, Diamine, Sailor-Kiwaguro, Edelstein Onyx,  Mont Blanc Black & MB Permanent Black  too are available.  J.Herbin Perele Noir, Platinum Pigmented & Taccia too are there.  

I have 8/9 different blacks & grey shades.  Kiwa Guro is my No.1.  MBP,JHPN,ITS too are great blacks  depending the fountain pen. 

#3 bk123

bk123

Long Live FPN

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:33

I had good experience with Pelikan and Diaminie  Black. Actually, I was obsessed with Pelikan black and acquired too many of its 60ml bottles over the years. I will be happy to unload some of its stock if anyone is interested. Pelikan black is good for pens which writes wet or too wet.

I like Sailor black as well. it is smooth but not on darkest side. it is a bit grayish. I tried Aurora black,but found it feathering on low gsm papers.

Some of the Krishna ink is good as well;not sure if it is still in production.

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

#4 Varun

Varun

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:13

My experience with Sheaffer Skrip Black has been quite good. Easily available on Amazon India.

#5 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:05

Pelikan black. Like Binod I have it in 1 litre bottles.

In fact I found Indian quink black excellent in the 90s to mid 2000s. It was my go to ink. Havent used it in a long while.

Pilot black is also good but different. Aurora is superb too but the bottle is tall and silly (my opinion).

If you want something permanent look for camlin fount black ink. Its a carbon based ink suitable for piston and eye dropper pens. Pelikan makes something similar called fount india or something like that.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#6 Dimy

Dimy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:51

I don't know if its just me but I find platinum carbon black to be very good option a permanent ink plus its very wet writer and works on almost all papers (A4, register anything) and does not bleed or feather) only headache is cleaning. Sheaffer skrip is other black ink which I have used, it has some decent water resistance as well.

#7 dinuraj

dinuraj

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:59

My experience with Sheaffer Skrip Black has been quite good. Easily available on Amazon India.

+1 for skrip black.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, dark, black

Sponsored Content

|