The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Will A Montblanc 146 Nib Fit This Pen:

montblanc pocket6 schondsgn 146

3 replies to this topic

#1 EliH

EliH

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2020 - 23:09

Hey everyone, happy Friday!

simple question today, will a MB 146 nib fit the Bock housing in this pen: https://www.schondsg...s/fountain-pens

I am selling a nib of mine that I have in a Bock (250?) housing, the housing that fits a Conid Minimalistica or Regular. I am by no means an expert in anything Montblanc, or Bock, so I am just looking for some assistance here.

thank you in advance, and info helps.

have yourselves a great weekend!

Sponsored Content

#2 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:26

Is there a relationship between sentence one and sentence two?

http://www.fountainp...dmontblanc-nib/

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#3 EliH

EliH

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:42

A keen observation...

Yeah, there definitely is a relation between the two posts. It turns out the nib’s shoulders are not actually touching the inside of the cap. Tested it a handful of times using the coating of the inner cap method. No scraping, which is good. It’s actually the Bock housing which is grinding against the stopper in the cap when I fully cap the pen. So all my paranoia was for nothing.

The whole ordeal meant I had my Conid fitted with the 146 nib for a week, and it just felt so impractical. I kept needing a finer line and have since switched back to my Sailor Medium.

It’s a real shame. The nib is a beauty, and the grind is exquisite. I suppose I love thick wet nibs in theory, but not in practice. Rather than put the nib back in a box, I opted to sell it. Hoping someone gets some real use out of it.

Is there a relationship between sentence one and sentence two?

http://www.fountainp...dmontblanc-nib/

Edited by EliH, 18 July 2020 - 11:43.

#4 gerigo

gerigo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2020 - 20:08

If money is no object, you can get Flexnibfactory to make a Bock nib housing that can fit an MB nib. He said he does make custom housings.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, pocket6, schondsgn, 146

Sponsored Content

|