Nanami Paper - Restock Times?

Intensity

In the past 2-3 years I have tried to contact Nanami Paper via their indicated contact e-mail address numerous times, but they never reply. Makes me wonder why they even indicate that contact e-mail. Originally it was about loose leaf Tomoe River they used to sell, then about notebooks.

I've been looking for a particular notebook recently that's been out of stock (Studio Note with 3.7mm grid). The product info page for it says "Please check back at a later stage." So I'm curious: how often do they usually restock? Is it only a handful of times a year?

I wish they would post some updates about the fate of their listed products, as it's never certain if those will ever come back in stock or will be completely phased out.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Intensity

• nibtip

• inkypete

• Karmachanic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past 2-3 years I have tried to contact Nanami Paper via their indicated contact e-mail address numerous times, but they never reply. Makes me wonder why they even indicate that contact e-mail. Originally it was about loose leaf Tomoe River they used to sell, then about notebooks.

I've been looking for a particular notebook recently that's been out of stock (Studio Note with 3.7mm grid). The product info page for it says "Please check back at a later stage." So I'm curious: how often do they usually restock? Is it only a handful of times a year?

I wish they would post some updates about the fate of their listed products, as it's never certain if those will ever come back in stock or will be completely phased out.

Sounds like the people managing Nanami's customer service are the same as Levengers as I have the same problem with them not replying. It is so frustrating.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

My understanding is that there is no "they". Dave does things according to his own mysterious inner workings. Crossfields, for example, were unavailable for an extended period. If I remember correctly, it was in that interregnum that Studio Note appeared. So remain calm and 'check back at a later stage.' :)

In the interim, Stalogy uses a 4mm grid.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Thank you for the recommendation, but I really love Tomoe River 52g and that dashed grid ruling of Hobonichi Cousin. I’ll probably end up getting another Hobonichi Cousin if Studio Note doesn’t come back in stock before the end of the year, but they are not mutually exclusive.

I think Studio Note has been out of stock for about a year.

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Ive been using the hobonichi a5 home and a6 edc griddled note books

For nearly a year.

https://www.1101.com/store/techo/en/toolstoys/

If you order quantities at a time 5-20 shipping has much less impact on the final price.

Quality everything is beyond reproach.

This is a normal notebook not a planner.

Edited by nibtip

Thank you!

P.S.: 288 pages means 288 sheets or 144 sheets and they are counting both sides as pages? I think they mean 144 sheets, compared to 272 sheets in the original Hobonichi Cousin, or roughly half. Nanami Studio Note has 240 sheets, more similar to Hobonichi Cousin. Less of a good deal than I thought, considering shipping and handling. Comes to about $21 per notebook if I buy 5 of these Hobonichi 144-sheet notebooks, or about $22 if I buy 4.

Edited by Intensity

Yes 288 pages correct

Also it comes out about 20 $ per notebook.

I had ordered 20 or more. This is massive.

Could make An order through a proxy and get better prices.

But it doesnt matter not really

A Nanami b6 would cost me 30$ plus import taxes

I am still willing to order but they dont ship to Europe for the moment.

I see. I don't usually like A6 size and order most, not all, of my paper in A5 or larger size.

For me in USA, shipping is $10.54 from Nanami Paper for 2 A5 notebooks, $13.50 for 3 (but maximum per order is usually 2 of a kind). That comes to $33 / A5 notebook with 240 sheets, which is $0.1375 per sheet for 2 notebooks. They also sometimes do a cheaper Seconds sale.

The 144-sheet Hobonichi Plain Notebook A5, after shipping and handling fees, and getting 5-count ateffectively ~$21-22/notebook is very slightly more per sheet: $0.1458-0.1528.

I like the white border of Nanami Seven Seas Studio Note, as opposed to no borders with the Hobonichi Plain Notebook.

IMG_4363__35999.1530584103.1000.1000.JPG

The neutral gray grid is also quite nice. I'll definitely be seriously considering these Hobonichi notebooks, but otherwise I would prefer the Nanami Paper version.

Edited by Intensity

I have foggy memories of Dave stating on the website that he doesn’t reply to restocking questions. Not that you would be expected to know, since it’s not mentioned on the site anymore (I think it was in one of the updates on the front page, which get deleted with each successive update).

Whenever I’ve waited for something to restock, it has generally been a few months though.