The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help Needed: Conid/montblanc Nib

conid montblanc nib minimalistica avda phi 146 help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EliH

EliH

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2020 - 18:53

Hello everyone, hope your weeks are off to a fine start.

I come to you today with a very specific question: is my Montblanc 146 nib scraping its shoulders on the inside of my Conid Minimalistica’s cap?

I usually use my Minimalisticas with Sailor nibs, but I have a lovely 146 nib, which I’ve had ground to a CSI, that I occasionally swap in. My question springs from the slightest scraping sensation I can feel when capping the pen fitted with the aforementioned nib. Now, both of my Conid’s are the all Delrin AVDA Phi versions, so I am unable to actually see if the nib and the inner cap are indeed making contact.

I would hate to damage such a fine nib, so I am hoping someone out there with a clear capped Minimalistica is using a 146 nib and could answer my question. Thank you in advance.

All the best to you and yours,

Eli

Sponsored Content

#2 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 20:04

No direct experience with this issue.

Pull the 146 nib and compare it to a Bock #6. If the 146 is longer, find a nib grinder to take the excess length off the back end.

Flexible Nib Factory makes an Ebonite Bock 250  housing for Sailor 21k nibs

Edited by Karmachanic, 14 July 2020 - 20:04.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#3 Storch

Storch

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2020 - 20:28

My experience with Conids is limited to getting to handle a couple at last year's Pelikan Hub but you could dust the inside of the cap with something like chalk or graphite dust and then screw the cap on and off.  You could see if there was anything on the nib when you take it out.

#4 EliH

EliH

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2020 - 20:30

Thanks for the idea, I will check it out. I don’t have any Bock nibs on hand so I’ll order a few.

I use the FNF housings for my usual work nibs, top quality stuff. No need to use one with a MB nib though.

No direct experience with this issue.

Pull the 146 nib and compare it to a Bock #6. If the 146 is longer, find a nib grinder to take the excess length off the back end.

Flexible Nib Factory makes an Ebonite Bock 250  housing for Sailor 21k nibs

#5 EliH

EliH

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2020 - 20:30

Great idea! Thanks, I will give it a shot. 

My experience with Conids is limited to getting to handle a couple at last year's Pelikan Hub but you could dust the inside of the cap with something like chalk or graphite dust and then screw the cap on and off.  You could see if there was anything on the nib when you take it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conid, montblanc, nib, minimalistica, avda, phi, 146, help

Sponsored Content

|