The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Bexley Identification - Please Refresh My Memory

bexley

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sh.Andrews

Sh.Andrews

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:26

Bexley.jpg

I am the original owner of this Bexley but I didn't keep good notes and my memory, well... I wrote down at one point that it was a Model 58 but believe that I meant 56.  I remember that it was an Owner's Club model but what year? 2008 or 2009?

A Google search found no images to compare - as if all Bexley history has been scrubbed.  The images I did find of olive ebonite Bexleys had a pyramidal top on cap - mine is flat and reminds me of Moby Dick with the clip placed lower like the mouth of a sperm whale.  Even here on FPN the older post images are no longer available.  

I was really confused when I couldn't find the Bexley website which at one point had an Owner's Club/past editions section for reference.  Finally I came upon the threads (posted during FPN/buying hiatus) about Bexley's sale.  Sad.  Will likely be a lot more of this in the future.  

So I turn to the FPN knowledge base.  Please tell me what I should know and I promise to make better (analog) notes.

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:56

It's a 56 model. If it was an owners club it would have engraving on the barrel starting it was an owners club and the year.

2009 is a different model with a cap band. I can't recall 2008 now. Will look more.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#3 Sh.Andrews

Sh.Andrews

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:06

There are no markings on the barrel - none.  The only thing identifying it as Bexley is the nib.

#4 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• 6,213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:22

2008 came in gold plated and silver sleeve versions with engraving.

#5 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• 6,213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:25

Probably just a regular 56 then. There were pens made for pen shows, but those had engraving on the cap or barrel too.

#6 Sh.Andrews

Sh.Andrews

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:32

I remember that it came in three colors of ebonite - brown? red? and olive but when I was ready to purchase, the olive was the only one left. My second choice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bexley

Sponsored Content

|