The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

200% Pilot Blue-Black Ink Review (Instead Of The Dull 100%)

pilot namiki blue-black iroshizuku business ink water resistant ink dark blue ink navy blue ink work appropriate ink

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 cellmatrix

cellmatrix

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2020 - 19:10

No worries, I didn't want to start an argument!

I really like both inks, but blue black gets more use as it is a real workhorse kind of ink.

Although I have to say, that (at least with my bottles) there are no subtle differences, the inks look completely different. I can not see similarities between them (other than that they are both called blue black).

I think my ink color comparison skills are not so good cause I only see subtle differences.

:blush:

maybe its the case that some people have a particularly good eye for inks, just like some people have a particularly good ear for music. Maybe its something you are born with??

Sponsored Content

#42 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2020 - 22:27

Thank you for showing this to us.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#43 Safari_Camo

Safari_Camo

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:31

You could put the ink in Borosilicate glass Flask over the stove with a ultra mild temperature, you could get the results sooner.   :D

#44 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 23:15

I really like/prefer the shade of the 200%.  

Agreed! I may have to pick some up after seeing this review  :)

#45 khalameet

khalameet

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2020 - 16:59

This is the color I get out of my Custom 823. It is a little bit lighter than in OPs pictures, but I really enjoy this tone. Then pen is a little bit on the wetter side, though.

One thing I really love about this ink: If I think about what I am writing for a short time, the first few letters or figures are considerably darker, which gives my writing a lot more of that "fountain pen personality".

Perfect ink.

Attached Images

• IMG_20200714_183436.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, namiki, blue-black, iroshizuku, business ink, water resistant ink, dark blue ink, navy blue ink, work appropriate ink

Sponsored Content

|