When Will International Shipping From India Resume?

steve50

Hi,

I ordered some pens a while ago from India and they still haven't dispatched them. I heard that some announcement regarding the lockdown was due to be made on 1 July, so I was hoping that someone who's familiar with the local situation could advise me on what's going on. Any information?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steve50

• Dip n Scratch

• mhguda

• mehandiratta

it has resumed... but depends on if the person shipping your pens is affected by lockdown or not ...

e.g. Shipping from Delhi has resumed but not Chennai

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

My pen from Ranga was trapped in the Chennai post office, AFAIK. :yikes:

It seems to have been sent out by them just before the lockdown.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

If it's any consolation, I'm not getting my mail from the US, either. Seems that's trapped in Miami...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I don't have exact detail but if I am not wrong services from all over India will resume from July end. Lock down in several areas are still in force and delivery from contamination zones are on halt. As part of exit plan many places have seen resuming of activity but as pointed by Mehandiratta sir above it most likely is location.

I can hardly complain when they must be fighting the virus away. Actually it looks like the virus hasn't peaked there yet and the number of daily deaths is increasing. But the mortality rate is also coming down fast which is good news.

There's a bunch of Indian pen's i'd like to get my dirty hands on.

Are there any Delhi dealers with an Internet presence who might like to relieve me of quite a few pounds?

There's a bunch of Indian pen's i'd like to get my dirty hands on.

Are there any Delhi dealers with an Internet presence who might like to relieve me of quite a few pounds?

I feel the same way. Especially since all of my lockdown pens are from ASA located in Chennai. I have my group buy pen, two acrylic Wality's and three 3-in-1 Click pens all stuck. Once it breaks loose, I'll be deliriously happy. How you been managing Dip n Scratch?

There's some acrylic Wality pens that look rather like a tropical fish specimen a collector would pay a fortune for. They don't appear on ebay.

I don't think that Ranga have the same sort of rods.

The Wality pens are made on CNC lathes. I believe so anyway. I have two Wality pens with Shaeffer feeds & Kanwrite nibs. Maybe that will end the issue of burping in an ED pen?

Kanwrite are my go-to company if I don't want to spend time re-working the OE Wality nib.

I can't get any of my bits & pieces until post restrictions ease.