Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
A Poem A Day
Posted 27 July 2020 - 16:03
Posted 28 July 2020 - 17:59
On the Birth of a Son
by Su Tung-Po
translated by Arthur Waley
Families when a child is born
Hope it will turn out intelligent.
I, through intelligence
Having wrecked my whole life,
Only hope that the baby will prove
Ignorant and stupid.
Then he'll be happy all his days
And grow into a cabinet minister.
Posted 29 July 2020 - 15:31
Posted 30 July 2020 - 15:35
For the penultimate day of July, poetic comfort food.
Posted 30 July 2020 - 18:10
I'm going to wrap this up tomorrow, and move on to another discipline (not quite sure what it's going to be yet).
Here are some extra poems that I didn't squeeze in during the month:
Edited by brokenclay, 30 July 2020 - 18:11.
Posted 31 July 2020 - 17:13
Last day of the month, last poem.
This is from the 1747 edition of Poor Richard's Almanac:
Posted 02 August 2020 - 20:57
What a grand run this has been~
Thank you! Thank you! for all these poems! Such grand company in these so uncertain times!
Moderation in everything, including moderation.
Posted 03 August 2020 - 13:11
Yep! My most sincere thanks for these poems. They made me feel, think and enjoy through these days. Thanks.
Posted 03 August 2020 - 18:19
I'm so glad you enjoyed them.
I found the exercise very beneficial - I looked forward to it every day, and it cut out some of the doom-scrolling :-).