The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Squeeze Converter

lamy safari converter converters lamy safari lamy converter squeeze converters

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 acsc100

acsc100

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2020 - 16:44

Does anyone know how I might get my hands on one of the old Lamy squeeze converters (pictured below)?

post-8178-1231624424.jpg

Thanks to haywoody for alerting me to the existence of this converter, which is where I also got the image (http://www.fountainp...67-lamy-safari/).

Sponsored Content

#2 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,075 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2020 - 19:28

The squeeze converter will have a sac.  You might have to resac it.  If you do get one and then if you resac it, I recommend you use a PVC sac.  Unless you want to use it in a celluloid pen.

Edited by pajaro, 27 June 2020 - 19:28.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#3 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:54

Hi..

Lamy Squeeze converter is out of production...They were made around 1980 years...  The sac was transparent made of a kind a plastic..no rubber...it looked like old Parker 51 sacs...

Best Regards,

:thumbup:

#4 acsc100

acsc100

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2020 - 17:11

Yes, they are out of production, alas.

Does anyone know how I might find a used one?

Many thanks,

Alister

#5 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,663 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2020 - 17:22

Yes, they are out of production, alas.

Does anyone know how I might find a used one?

Many thanks,

Alister

Curious..Why do you want it? It was very poor performance...Piston converter works better... :huh:  ;)

#6 acsc100

acsc100

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2020 - 23:29

Fair question!

I like Lamy, and I like different filling systems. So I'd like to have one of these converters, even though I am sure that the piston is better.

#7 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,663 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:36

Fair question!

I like Lamy, and I like different filling systems. So I'd like to have one of these converters, even though I am sure that the piston is better.

I understand...mine is silver finish and plastic sac was hard to squeeze so did not hold much ink... :roller1:

#8 Robert Alan

Robert Alan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2020 - 18:41

Hello!

The Lamy squeeze converter is the correct converter for very early production Lamy Safari fountain pens, and, although later Lamy converters should work in the early Safari pens, for some collectors, the early squeeze converter would be important.

The following two sources may be able to help you locate an early, Lamy squeeze converter:

Rolf Theil was at https://www.missing-pen.com/  but that doesn't seem to be working correctly. He is also active on eBay as "missing-pen."  His email is: missing-pen@t-online.de or try sending him a message via eBay. I have had good service from him in the past.

Regina Martini at: https://www.martiniauctions.com/  I have also had very good service from Regina Martini.

They are excellent sources for German and other European writing instruments, including parts.  

Good luck!

Regards, Robert

Edited by Robert Alan, 11 July 2020 - 18:48.

No matter where you go, there you are.

#9 acsc100

acsc100

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:59

Many thanks, Robert. I am grateful for your help.

Alister

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, safari, converter, converters, lamy safari, lamy converter, squeeze converters

Sponsored Content

|