The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

I Would Like To Order A Hakase Fountain Pen

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 25_15_3

25_15_3

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:48

Did not know you could order an extra section for Hakase. Good to know.

Sponsored Content

#42 cll

cll

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:27

Lol.

No, Im actually quite rational (or so I like to think). This collection has been built up over a decade.

Note that the burl is covered by a layer of clear urushi and so you cant feel the texture of the wood...

Over the years, have you noticed a steady increase of prices quoted?

#43 hawpunch

hawpunch

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 20:49

Another jaw dropping picture of how beautiful the pens are.  They definitely are worthy of the reputation that have followed these brands.

Would I be correct to say that Hakase will have limited nib variations (as in cursive italics, oblique nibs?)

My African Ebony has a F-M cursive italic nib and my Amboyna Burl had a .8 mm cursive italic nib.  I believe Hakase can provide a wide range of nib variations. 

#44 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:42

mongrelnomad, rhk and all: Thank you for your beautiful photos and helpful comments. I just ordered a flat top rosewood midsize with brass clip, RW10B. https://fp-hakase.co...erial/rose-wood

Communication with Yamamoto-san was good. Pen is scheduled for June 2021 delivery. I pledge no more pen buying for the rest of the year, not even for Christmas :-)))))

#45 rhk

rhk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 20:35

mongrelnomad, rhk and all: Thank you for your beautiful photos and helpful comments. I just ordered a flat top rosewood midsize with brass clip, RW10B. https://fp-hakase.co...erial/rose-wood

Communication with Yamamoto-san was good. Pen is scheduled for June 2021 delivery. I pledge no more pen buying for the rest of the year, not even for Christmas :-)))))

Congratulations on your order. The pen looks very nice, I am sure you will enjoy it for a long time!

#46 poppi1971

poppi1971

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:15

I ordered a FB15A in red and black ebonite.

The size was adjusted to my preferences and I requested a fine medium nib. I like the ebonite pens in this size and shape as I can write quite quickly with them, which I sometimes have to do. I like a nib which just glides across the paper. I know where the nib is and I don’t need feedback to know the position of the nib on the page, as I am watching.

Years ago, I had Brian at Edison Pens make me a custom desk pen with a Visconti dream touch nib that he adjusted. It was and still is excellent. I am still very pleased with the pen, which really is quite an accomplishment.

I have never done anything like this since so I am quite excited

I am sure it will be wonderful!

Thanks,

Bobby

Congratulations Bobby!!

I have a Red and Black Ebonite pen and you won't be disappointed. It is a beautiful pen and writes incredibly well (the best among my pens).

Regards

Andrea

Ciao
Andrea

#47 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,001 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:31

Thank you! It will be the longest time that I wait for a pen, so I will have to make do with admiring all the beautiful photos here and on their site. 

To Bobby Check: Congratulations to your pen too. When you receive your pen, I will know that my hope is near  :D .

Congratulations on your order. The pen looks very nice, I am sure you will enjoy it for a long time!

#48 cll

cll

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:41

I have placed an order for the Ebony pen, GW15B after weighing all the options there.  Going to be a long long wait.   Guess we all have Bobby to thank for because without this thread, I would have not have dared to take the plunge despite admiring this pen from afar.

#49 Bobby Check

Bobby Check

Bobby Check

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:52

Thank you for your kind comments.

I hope you will consider my influence beneficial.

Each month that goes by, brings me closer to my new pen.

I look forward to being able to share photos of my new pen when it arrives.

Maybe I should add to my signature, “member of Pen Waiting Society”.

Bobby

Why carry one pen when four will do!

Member of the Calgary Pen Club: <A href="http://www.calgarypenclub.com/" target=_blank>http: //www.calgarypenclub.com/

#50 hawpunch

hawpunch

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2020 - 00:18

I have placed an order for the Ebony pen, GW15B after weighing all the options there.  Going to be a long long wait.   Guess we all have Bobby to thank for because without this thread, I would have not have dared to take the plunge despite admiring this pen from afar.

Congrats!  The waiting is the hardest part, but the end product of the wait makes it all worthwhile. Just imagine all the effort, skill and love that went into making that pen that now contains a part of the soul of the artisan who crafted it. 

#51 cll

cll

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2020 - 12:00

Can I ask for some feedback? Mr Yamamoto gave me the option of doing a medium stub nib. I wonder if any has experience with this grind.

#52 hawpunch

hawpunch

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 19:12

Can I ask for some feedback? Mr Yamamoto gave me the option of doing a medium stub nib. I wonder if any has experience with this grind.

I have a F-M cursive italic and it is nice.  Has a little bite just like a cursive italic is supposed to but I love it.  I would imagine a stub is smooth.  

Sponsored Content

|