The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Non-Invasive Optical Micro-Identification Of Ink Verification In Pen Ink Handwriting

microscopy hero ostrich

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:17

In case you were wondering about the scientific differences between Hero and Ostrich inks observable through scanning electron microscopy.

https://www.scienced...211715620300035

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

Sponsored Content

#2 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:22

I've no idea what I've just read but I'm glad it exists.

I love this level of nerdery.

Thank you.

#3 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2020 - 14:09

For example, some especially important signatures on a contract which were suspected of having been altered without the knowledge of one of the parties cause legal dispute. Therefore, determining which of the ink lines was made last [11,12] may help in solving the dispute as a recurrent matter in many police investigations and in courts.

Just from the opening paragraph -- "which of the ink lines" -- I suspect the forensics is focused on Chinese logographs, in which one could possibly add a stroke or two and completely change a "signature" (or maybe draw the figure in a different stroke order than normal -- whereas occidental signatures tend to be left-to-right, no actual variation in stroke order or additions)

Still need to read the full article (surprised that the full article was available as a PDF).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: microscopy, hero, ostrich

Sponsored Content

|