The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

W.a. Sheaffer Co. When Are You Going To Get Us Some More Pens?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 peroride

peroride

Write now, enjoy pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:18

Time to ink up my Sheaffer Lifetime Triumph  :wub:

Sponsored Content

#2 welch

welch

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,020 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2020 - 16:27

This is a great video. Look around at it and imagine Sheaffer salesmen visiting those stationers. Look at the people slitting and polishing those Triumph nibs. Get a sense of the size of the factories and of Sheaffer HQ in Fort Madison. Then the Sheaffer Service -- one-day-turnaround. 

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

#3 mikerph

mikerph

MikeRph

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2020 - 16:41

I would say history repeats itself but unfortunately Sheaffer has been sold to the group that owns Cross and from what I’ve heard from an area distributor for Cross, Sheaffer will become their art and office supply division and sell less expensive pens( 10-120.00) and Cross will be the prestige division

Secundum Artem

#4 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2020 - 17:57

I would say history repeats itself but unfortunately Sheaffer has been sold to the group that owns Cross and from what I’ve heard from an area distributor for Cross, Sheaffer will become their art and office supply division and sell less expensive pens( 10-120.00) and Cross will be the prestige division

https://www.fahrneys...m/Item--i-19262 kind of disproves that concept...

#5 mikerph

mikerph

MikeRph

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2020 - 18:04

https://www.fahrneys...m/Item--i-19262 kind of disproves that concept...

I noticed that those Legacy’s were in their close out discount page. I have a feeling that when they are gone there will be no more. Fvountain Pen Hospital is out with newest catalogue and the most prestigious Sheaffers in there are the Intensity and Prelude. They also have a limited edition and high end section page but most if not all remaining Sheaffer are sold out.

Secundum Artem

Sponsored Content

|