• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• como

• invisuu

• a student

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just love writing pages upon pages in my journal with this pen, smooth with wonderful tactile feedback, and then occasionally when the mood arises, in an instant I can flex those flexy tines for some wonderful flourish. Never has fountain pen writing felt so joyous and fulfilling!

I definitely think this is a flex pen for lovers of XFs. The nice controlled line that you get unflexed is very smooth, which isn't always the case with flex pens. And then You get some flair when you want it too.

Great flex writing, loganrah, and a very interesting ink color!

I absolutely second your search for a 149 pen stand. I have a couple of them, which I was used to have on my desk with a 149 and a Hemingway on them. Other pens took their place with time, and the pen holders were stored. But now, I am using my 149 Calligraphy so constantly that I call back one stand for duty.

The pen is always inked and ready for use in her pen stand.

Which model of stand are you searching for? In my opinion, the type with the led crystal base is simply gorgeous and a great addition to any desk!

A few days ago, I broke the confinement to visit the botanical garden where I work and recover some plants that I need for study.

I conserve the flowers in alcohol, and now I write the labels to be placed in the flasks with my 149 Calligraphy and Montblanc Permanent Black ink, which maintains perfectly in the mixture of alcohol, water and glycerin.
The extra-fine nib of the Calligraphy allows me to write with really diminished characters, for the labels to be inserted in the smaller flasks.

fpn_1592837790__montblanc_meisterstck_14

fpn_1592837857__montblanc_meisterstck_ca

Thanks to all contributing, the reason I'm on here, makes my week....

I can't even dream of writing anything worth showing for aesthetic purposes.

Such beautiful calligraphy Franco. You bring out the best qualities in the pen!

I am enamored with all the beautiful writing and am sorely tempted by this pen. I doubt I would be able to produce a fraction of the beauty here. Would those who have this pen say that it would be a waste if one were to purchase this and use it mainly as a daily writer and only as for creative writing in his free time?

Hi CLL. I think it would be the best $$$ you could spend on a pen, even if you use it as a daily writer for non flex writing most of the time, as that is exactly what I do. But to be honest, the flex is so easy to engage effortlessly with a little practice, you will be doing creative flourishes, and over time you could be writing like Franco here! :) It is a great EF nib for normal every day writing that has wonderful responsiveness like little shock absorbers translating your slight writing pressures into nuanced line variations. Brings out shading in inks wonderfully. All this even when you are writing normally and not trying to flex. I got this pen in Feb just before all this global craziness hit, and I am so glad I did as it has given me some much needed pleasure and grounding during these times. I highly recommend it. It is a real pleasure to just write with. MB even include a little guide that shows you how to write flex with a few simple techniques!

Edited by max dog

Hi CLL. I think it would be the best $$$ you could spend on a pen, even if you use it as a daily writer for non flex writing most of the time, as that is exactly what I do. But to be honest, the flex is so easy to engage effortlessly with a little practice, you will be doing creative flourishes, and over time you could be writing like Franco here! :) It is a great EF nib for normal every day writing that has wonderful responsiveness like little shock absorbers translating your slight writing pressures into nuanced line variations. Brings out shading in inks wonderfully. All this even when you are writing normally and not trying to flex. I got this pen in Feb just before all this global craziness hit, and I am so glad I did as it has given me some much needed pleasure and grounding during these times. I highly recommend it. It is a real pleasure to just write with. MB even include a little guide that shows you how to write flex with a few simple techniques!

Wow wow. Thank you. Really appreciate your response. I love a EF nib. Have a lot more Japanese pens and really finer nibs.

Wow wow. Thank you. Really appreciate your response. I love a EF nib. Have a lot more Japanese pens and really finer nibs.

My pleasure CLL. It is a very fine true EF, finer than the SF on my Pilot Falcon Elabo, so I would think it is comparable to a Japanese EF. Great thing, it is much smoother than my Falcon Elabo, even though the line is finer.

All I can do is fully support what max dog wrote. When writing without pressure, the Calligraphy nib is not only a true extra-fine, but also a very smooth and flowing writer.

On occasion, it also demonstrates its delicate talents in drawing:
fpn_1593366303__montblanc_meisterstck_14

That's brilliant Franco! It's an amazing tool you can do some wonderful artwork with too.

Hello:

It's a delight to write with this fountain pen.
Thank you Mister Pupulin for your extraordinary photographs and beautiful calligraphy and drawings.
Best regards.

fpn_1593519760__dscn4359.jpg

Are there no end to your talents Franco?!

Your sketch with this pen is just wonderful, bravo!

Neal.

Thank you, Neal! This nib is a really a joy to use. I would have never dreamed to have a beloved 149 with such a wonderful nib... Edited by fpupulin

Hello:

It's a delight to write with this fountain pen.

Thank you Mister Pupulin for your extraordinary photographs and beautiful calligraphy and drawings.

Best regards.

fpn_1593519760__dscn4359.jpg

No doubts, and besides the very interesting and objective measurements you made to “quantify” the flexibility of the Calligraohy nib, your shot shows the gentle interest that it adds to everyday handwriting with its virtues.