The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mb 149 Calligraphy, Comparison With Other Mb, Pelikan M1000, Disassembly And Urushi

montblanc 149 urushi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MichalK

MichalK

Tamenuri

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:49

I'm cooling down after excitement of being featured by Stephen Brown in his channel so I got back to work ;)

Montblanc Meisterstuck 149 (including Calligraphy Special Edition) in my new video.

I am lacquering three 149s with urushi right now so I decided to show the pen closer. Including a special edition with a flexible nib - Calligraphy. I compare it with 146, 144, 142 (celluloid from the 50s) and of course with the Pelikan M1000. I show how these pens write, how to take it apart, how to prepare it for lacquering with urushi, too. 

In writing sequences I have a "hand doubble" ;-)

Michal
URUSHI Studio, bespoke urushi fountain pens

Sponsored Content

#2 txomsy

txomsy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:38

Thanks, it is a most interesting video.

#3 gerigo

gerigo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:52

Thanks Michal. Great video with very unique focus into an area of our hobby we'd probably not see, at least in English.

Edited by gerigo, 03 June 2020 - 12:53.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc 149, urushi

Sponsored Content

|