The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Karas Kustoms Signature Series Decograph Fp

karas kustoms signature series decograph fountain pen black pen society photos

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 00:51

Hi, Jamerelbe. I've always preferred plastic/acrylic/resin over any metal as the primary body of a fountain pen. My preference is based on look to the eye and feel in in hand. So, my own preference favors the Delrin or Acrylic versions (equally light) of the Decograph. The Decograph aluminum versions, though, are light (but not as light as the others), and one can't doubt their exterior durability compared with plastic/acrylic/resin. The battleworn Violet has an interesting look, but I'm not in love with the look, although purple is one of my favorite colors (especially when I was younger); I guess I prefer anodized aluminum over raw aluminum for eye appeal. I liked the performance of the pens, so I also wanted examples of each material in favored colors. I hope this explanation helps you.

Thanks @donnweinberg, that's a real help - now I have to decide whether to buy a Decograph before the current sale ends (a few models still sitting at $100 till midnight June 30!), or whether to hold off and hope for a future sale...  I think you've convinced me to hold out for an acrylic version - though the red-with-black-furniture Al model looks pretty sweet!

Sponsored Content

#22 steve50

steve50

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:34

Thanks for the nice photos. Do you find the copper pen comfortable to write with? I've never tried very heavy pens so I'm curious about how the weight affects writing.

#23 donnweinberg

donnweinberg

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 14:50

Thanks for the nice photos. Do you find the copper pen comfortable to write with? I've never tried very heavy pens so I'm curious about how the weight affects writing.

I haven't written with the Copper INK model yet, but I'll post here after I do so. I surely won't post the cap when I write with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: karas kustoms, signature series, decograph, fountain pen, black pen society, photos

Sponsored Content

|