20% Off La Couronne Du Comte

Carrau

I just had an email notice from La Couronne du Comte, 20% off everything up and until Monday June 1st.

No affiliation.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill P

• A Smug Dill

• canibanoglu

• Ethelios

Thanks for the notice! I managed to get the Visconti Midnight in Florence on sale and then with this discount stacked, so a very good price.

Anthony

ukfountainpens.com

Then the questions are -

i) Is it actually in stock? and

ii) Will it ever arrive.......? ;)

Edited by Aysedasi

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Then the questions are -

i) Is it actually in stock? and

ii) Will it ever arrive.......? ;)

1) of course not

2) it depends. And it varies between weeks and months.

Contacting paypal helps a lot for a full refund.

So all is fine.

Guess what?

The Visconti is NOT in stock.

Apparently it will arrive from the distributor next week.

I asked if that was definite, and was told yes.

For a product that was listed like this:

SALE: LAST MODEL Visconti Homo Sapiens Midnight in Florence

...I definitely feel misled.

LCDC up to their usual tricks!

I asked if that was d

Anthony

ukfountainpens.com

Don't worry, you will get it. If it's a really good deal on a pen, a wait time of a few months can be worth it, particularly on rare discontinued models.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

It's not about worrying that you will get it or not, they are being extremely misleading. I bought a Montblanc Calligraphy 149 2 months ago when they had their last 20% off, it looked like it was in stock when I ordered it, 1 month later I was told that Montblanc is working at 50% capacity, 2 months later I sent them another email and I don't even have a reply yet and I see that they're pretty much on top of sending out 20% off newsletters.

They have absolutely no problem charging you the moment you place your order which is unusual to say the least (even though they assure me that it's common practice in the NL) and they will gladly tell you that their website doesn't show out of stock items. 2 months in, the stock is drying up for the pen I bought (I don't even care about the 200 euros of extra stuff I bought with that order) and they don't even have the courtesy to email me back.

La Couronne du Comte used to be *the* pen shop for me, Dennis was a pleasure to work with and it pains me that I have to write stuff like this. Also please stop downplaying and coming up with condescending messages like "a wait time of a few months can be worth it". If I'm paying stupid crazy money for a pen I want transparency and I want good service. Nothing is worth me getting charged almost a thousand bucks with barely any updates unless I force them to write something to me.

It's not about worrying that you will get it or not, they are being extremely misleading. I bought a Montblanc Calligraphy 149 2 months ago when they had their last 20% off, it looked like it was in stock when I ordered it, 1 month later I was told that Montblanc is working at 50% capacity, 2 months later I sent them another email and I don't even have a reply yet and I see that they're pretty much on top of sending out 20% off newsletters.

They have absolutely no problem charging you the moment you place your order which is unusual to say the least (even though they assure me that it's common practice in the NL) and they will gladly tell you that their website doesn't show out of stock items. 2 months in, the stock is drying up for the pen I bought (I don't even care about the 200 euros of extra stuff I bought with that order) and they don't even have the courtesy to email me back.

La Couronne du Comte used to be *the* pen shop for me, Dennis was a pleasure to work with and it pains me that I have to write stuff like this. Also please stop downplaying and coming up with condescending messages like "a wait time of a few months can be worth it". If I'm paying stupid crazy money for a pen I want transparency and I want good service. Nothing is worth me getting charged almost a thousand bucks with barely any updates unless I force them to write something to me.

I too ordered a calligraphy with lots of extras, waited 2 months, got no answer and finally mobilised paypal to end it all up.

If a seller says there might be delay then it is ok with me.

Thank you for writing your experience, I've been thinking of cancelling over PayPal for the last couple of weeks too. I really wanted to be accomodating to them and give them time but

1) lack of transparency about product stocks

2) immediately withdrawing the money after placing the order as opposed to common practice of charging when shipped

3) (as it's obvious by this thread) continuing to conduct business the same way despite customers openly reporting that this is common behavior for them

are all big red flags for me.

Edited by canibanoglu

I've cancelled at least two previous orders after being led on about stock coming back in. To me having live stock indication on the website is a solved problem, every other pen retailer does it.

Anthony

ukfountainpens.com

I placed an order with them in March during their 12th anniversary 20% discount. It was some inks and a couple of pens. I was informed that some items are not is stock. However, except for one item all other items were out of stock. The order has still not shipped till date and I am not sure when will it happen as they are not able to provide any estimated dates.

This is my going to be my first and last order with them.

1) of course not

2) it depends. And it varies between weeks and months.

Contacting paypal helps a lot for a full refund.

So all is fine.

They are not great with stocking, but eventually you should get you stuff... ( Its true about 99% of my orders...)

Well if you are worried, you can always cancel and ask for a refund. For me, they usually put it back in my paypal within a day.

Don't have to bother paypal on it..

Somethings got to give. you cannot expect perfect service, perfect logistics, perfect goods and yet much lower than market price.

so for them, its stock management.

Just ask them to confirm if there is stock before paying, if you are worried about waiting a long time for your order.

They are not great with stocking, but eventually you should get you stuff... ( Its true about 99% of my orders...)

Well if you are worried, you can always cancel and ask for a refund. For me, they usually put it back in my paypal within a day.

Don't have to bother paypal on it..

Somethings got to give. you cannot expect perfect service, perfect logistics, perfect goods and yet much lower than market price.

so for them, its stock management.

Just ask them to confirm if there is stock before paying, if you are worried about waiting a long time for your order.

I fully agree on everything you say. The only drawback is that i expect honesty and responsiveness. I f they don't have it in stock. Just admit it.

I am not a mean guy, i can wait if and only if that is stated. Otherwise their service is fine to very good.

Yup agree... I think their website needs improving to reflect what is not available, what is in stock, what needs to be put in back-order.

I was told by La Couronne many many months ago that they were going to be installing new software that was going to allow them indicate when an item was out of stock, and when it would be expected to be in stock...

Obviously that has not happened...

Seems like they could manually post, at a minimum, when an item was not in stock...it is a poor way to run a business...to knowingly take customers $$$ when you know the item is not in stock, and you don't disclose it to the customer, so they can make an informed decision.