Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Video: Moonman M8
Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:47
(I want one ....)
Edited by taimdala, 30 May 2020 - 05:47.
Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:15
I just watched this and am looking for either one of these or the M300 seen briefly in this video.
I'd like a more interesting nib/line, however, and these neat-looking pen bodies will not be guaranteed to happily take any other #6 without shaping the curve to work with the plastic feed. I keep several Noodlers and FPR flex, stub, and italic nibs around for experimentation. (The stubs are almost never wet enough for me, sadly.)
Does anyone know a source for Moonman pens that offers a choice of nib? I'd be hoping for a Broad but would put up with a Medium. (In the video the owner's unit was shipped with a Fine.) I am going to spin up a Dremel to learn to "stubbize" commercial mediums. (Yes, I expect to ruin several at least!)
Nathan Tardiff offers an inexpensive set of 6 steel nibs called an art pack. I have mauled a couple of these just with a small Arkansas stone. Results are always interesting...
Posted 31 May 2020 - 04:48
Another thread on the forum refers to eBay seller "office_supplies_pen" where interesting nibs are on sale. I have only looked briefly at what they offer - clearly eBay and this seller in particular will be a good resource.
I will continue to buy Noodler's and FPR #6, #5 nibs. Any other sellers to augment a #6 Moonman nb and the other pens using what looks like a standard plastic (#6) feed?