The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Video: Moonman M8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alanlight

alanlight

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 13:43

Sponsored Content

#2 taimdala

taimdala

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:47

OOOOooooOoOooOoooh!

Sparkly!

(I want one ....)

Edited by taimdala, 30 May 2020 - 05:47.

#3 jonathan7007

jonathan7007

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:15

I just watched this and am looking for either one of these or the M300 seen briefly in this video.

I'd like a more interesting nib/line, however, and these neat-looking pen bodies will not be guaranteed to happily take any other #6 without shaping the curve to work with the plastic feed. I keep several Noodlers and FPR flex, stub, and italic nibs around for experimentation. (The stubs are almost never wet enough for me, sadly.)

Does anyone know a source for Moonman pens that offers a choice of nib? I'd be hoping for a Broad but would put up with a Medium. (In the video the owner's unit was shipped with a Fine.) I am going to spin up a Dremel to learn to "stubbize" commercial mediums. (Yes, I expect to ruin several at least!)

Nathan Tardiff offers an inexpensive set of 6 steel nibs called an art pack. I have mauled a couple of these just with a small Arkansas stone. Results are always interesting...

#4 jonathan7007

jonathan7007

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2020 - 04:48

Another  thread on the forum refers to eBay seller "office_supplies_pen" where interesting nibs are on sale. I have only looked briefly at what they offer - clearly eBay and this seller in particular will be a good resource.

I will continue to buy Noodler's and FPR #6, #5 nibs. Any other sellers to augment a #6 Moonman nb and the other pens using what looks like a standard plastic (#6) feed?

Sponsored Content

|