The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Diamine Shimmering Pink

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lugworm

Lugworm

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 13:35

This will be brief and to the point.
I don't like it.

It causes poor flow and stoppage in every pen I own, regardless of nib. It doesn't improve even when mixed with other inks.

Today, using a syringe, I have skimmed off the pink and got rid of the shimmering.

Using the syringe I have mixed it 50/50 in the cartridge with Quink blue creating a nice purple colour, hopefully with better ink flow.

My debt he paid, my death he died, that I might live.

Sponsored Content

#2 yazeh

yazeh

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 14:36

Which Pink is that Pink Champagne or Pink Glitz?

#3 Lugworm

Lugworm

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 14:52

On the bottle it says electric pink

#4 yazeh

yazeh

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 15:08

On the bottle it says electric pink

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,022 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 20:22

Just for curiosity, Lugworm, what pens did you try it in?  Because in my experience, most of the shimmer-type inks I've tried do better in pens with italic or calligraphy nibs, or (in the case of original formula of J Herbin Rouge Hematite, with the big gold flakes) a cheap Chinese pen with a fude nib.

Right now I have De Atramentis Pearlescent Indian Blue Copper in a Parker Vector from the calligraphy set I picked up several years ago, and I'm having a little trouble with it clogging the nib, which is an italic fine -- you should have seen what my hands looked like the other day, in trying to wipe the gunk off the nib (and the collar, and the edge of the cap opening... ).  That being said, though, the ink is actually fairly wet, and as long as the copper particles are in suspension, and enough ink is getting to the feed, it works fairly well.  

Additionally, I tend to only look at shimmer-type inks if I like the base color.  So I could easily see myself trying Electric Pink, in spite of your experiences with it.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#6 Lugworm

Lugworm

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 20:41

Hello Ruth
Two Jinhao x750. A Wing Sung 698 with Bock 1.1 italic.
A Kaweco Sport wth fine nib. Lamy Safari fine. Moonman M2.

The pink is too light for me but mixed 50 50 with blue it is a lovely purple colour.

I produced a shopping list earlier with no trouble now that the sparkles have been removed.

Hope you have more luck.
Kristian

Sponsored Content

|