The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman 1939 Hundred Year Pen Colors Question

hundred year waterman

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RedRinger

RedRinger

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 04:01

Hello Everyone,

I've been a fan of the first-year Hundred Year Pen for many years, and finally obtained my "grail pen," one in jet black, and restored it last year. I have also held in my hands a transparent red version, and a green version, but never a blue. 

I have a couple questions for the many who are more experienced than I...

1. Do full-length transparent blue 1939 HYPs exist? Has anyone seen one or owns one (photos?)

2. I specify "full-length" above, because I have seen on several occasions a first-year HYP in jet with transparent blue ENDS -- the tip of the cap under the over-the-top clip, and the rounded end of the barrel. Was this just a variation that was made, and only in blue? I have never seen a corresponding version in red or green. Again, invitations to show off your own specimens are definitely implied. : )

Matt

Here is mine, next to the stationery (I believe from Richard Binder's site originally) with which a friend still writes to me, and that first inspired my desire for the pen...

fpn_1590724771__watermanhypandstationery

Sponsored Content

#2 FOUR X FOUR

FOUR X FOUR

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 04:13

Hello Everyone,

I've been a fan of the first-year Hundred Year Pen for many years, and finally obtained my "grail pen," one in jet black, and restored it last year. I have also held in my hands a transparent red version, and a green version, but never a blue. 

I have a couple questions for the many who are more experienced than I...

1. Do full-length transparent blue 1939 HYPs exist? Has anyone seen one or owns one (photos?)

2. I specify "full-length" above, because I have seen on several occasions a first-year HYP in jet with transparent blue ENDS -- the tip of the cap under the over-the-top clip, and the rounded end of the barrel. Was this just a variation that was made, and only in blue? I have never seen a corresponding version in red or green. Again, invitations to show off your own specimens are definitely implied. : )

Matt

Here is mine, next to the stationery (I believe from Richard Binder's site originally) with which a friend still writes to me, and that first inspired my desire for the pen...

fpn_1590724771__watermanhypandstationery

Very nice

#3 Estycollector

Estycollector

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:39

Beautiful pen. Congratulations. I do not know much about this brand. Wasn't that era a pinnacle for Waterman? 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hundred, year, waterman

Sponsored Content

|