The Ultimate Ink Test And R&d - The History Of Ink By Thaddeus David

Inked

Here is an interesting snapshot taken from Thaddeus David's History of Ink.

By far one of the toughest tests I have seen for ink & paper..... serious business no doubt.......

fpn_1590688775__ultimate_ink_test_-_5_mo

You can see the entire book at Gutenberg.org..... https://www.gutenberg.org/files/50564/50564-h/50564-h.htm

fpn_1590687863__carmine_1a.jpg

fpn_1590688010__thaddeus_davids_silk_fil

fpn_1590688045__thaddeus_davids_silk_fil

fpn_1590688452__thaddeus_davids_silk_fil

I added a couple of things I have above, of Thaddeus David as a reference and for your enjoyment.

I love the line, "As Good As Brains And Money Can Make."

Enjoy,

Inked

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inked

• Karmachanic

• IThinkIHaveAProblem

• peroride

Thank you so much @Inked

I love stuff like this; we still go through the same motions in history.

Now I just have to try silk filtering my ink :o

Yes, now where did my wife put her Hermes scarf? :P

Inked

Thank you so much @Inked

I love stuff like this; we still go through the same motions in history.

Yes, now where did my wife put her Hermes scarf? :P

Inked

"Silk Filtered"... for some reason, the first thing that came to mind was "Designed by Apple in California" Just made me laugh. Marketing never changes.

And then I saw the Hermes comment... another company that plays with Apple and that in my opinion over charges based on name and perceived cachet (along with LV et al.)

btw, i AM an Apple user, so no need to flame me. Yes they over charge (Apple tax) but I like Mac OS and IOS :)

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

Wow! I wonder what that "Limpid Writing Fluid" was made of...

- N

Hello Paganini

Dictionary.com........ Limpid: clear, transparent, or pellucid, as water, crystal, or air

I guess that is what the "silk filtering" does.

So Hermes scarves really are worth it :)

Inked

"Silk Filtered"... for some reason, the first thing that came to mind was "Designed by Apple in California" Just made me laugh. Marketing never changes.

And then I saw the Hermes comment... another company that plays with Apple and that in my opinion over charges based on name and perceived cachet (along with LV et al.)

btw, i AM an Apple user, so no need to flame me. Yes they over charge (Apple tax) but I like Mac OS and IOS :)

Yes, "i" devices "silk filter" your voices and audio, for your surreal listening enjoyment!

Yes, that's what marketing is for, to remind us of this brand new invention called the wheel, because every generation sees it for the first time.

Inked

Wow! I wonder what that "Limpid Writing Fluid" was made of...

- N

Limpids may be extinct, They used to be found in certain valleys in the Carpathian Mountains, which had a particular micro-climate. The are/were very delicate. There were a few small farms, but they dwindled away by the late 19th C. Mechanized farming came in after WW1 and the limpids died out.

But, as we know, Hermes scarves are still available.

Add lightness and simplicate.