The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan Hubs 2020 Cancelled

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rutherfordr

rutherfordr

Annuit Coeptis

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 16:32

Hello everyone,

I just got this email message from Pelikan today:

Dear fans of the Pelikan Hubs,

The Pelikan Hubs event is connected with joy and heart warming cheerfulness in the fans minds. It is an enrichment for all the pen lovers who love handwriting and writing instruments.

Normally the registration would start within the next days. But we think it would be careless to ask people worlwide actively to meet, when the risks of spreading Covid-19 are still rated very high worldwide.

That is why we decided with a heavy heart to cancel this years Pelikan Hubs event and concentrate on looking forward to meeting all close Pelikan fans at Pelikan Hubs 2021 again! With joy, cheerfulness and a good feeling!

We kindly ask for your understanding and hope that you support this decision in terms of caring for each other. Please take care of yourself and your beloved ones and stay passionate to handwriting in these times. Most important at all: stay healthy!

Sending you best wishes,

Your Pelikan Hubs Team from Hanover

Scientia potentia est.

Sponsored Content

#2 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 20:18

Thanks for letting us know.

D

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,283 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 21:06

I got the same email.  While I understand their reasoning, it's still kind of a bummer.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 JulieParadise

JulieParadise

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 21:53

Yeah, it is sad, indeed. As Berlin's Hub Master (Mistress?) for 2018 and 2019 I would have loved to apply again but right now and in the foreseeable future with my damaged lungs & heart I avoid going out anyways.

Sigh.

#5 josepllcs

josepllcs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 21:59

Yes, it’s a pity but at the moment, it’s something to be expected. I think it is a wise decision to postpone these sort of meetings.

#6 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 22:21

+1

Yes, it’s a pity but at the moment, it’s something to be expected. I think it is a wise decision to postpone these sort of meetings.

----------------

"Pens a'plenty in 2020" Chuck Montano from The Nib Section podcast

#7 AmandaW

AmandaW

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2020 - 01:01

I think I was not alone in anticipating that would happen. I ordered and already received a bottle of Moonstone ink to avoid double disappointment.

It's all about the greys...

#8 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

中澳美皆無關痛癢

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2020 - 04:55

Having missed the memo about Pelikan Hubs ("What are they?") last year, I was very much looking forward to attending one in 2020, picking up some freebies courtesy of Pelikan but also bringing some ink samples to give away to local fellow hobbyists (as I'm done doing ink sample set giveaways for the time being) I may meet there.

Oh well. Next year.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#9 cgreenberg19

cgreenberg19

Pen-Obsessor

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2020 - 12:48

It's a bummer.

#10 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic