The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Dc Show Cancelled

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Frank_Federalist_Pens

Frank_Federalist_Pens

(Was "FrankieX" here)

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 16:26

Sorry to announce this- but the show has been cancelled due to crowd concerns with Covid-19

Stay Well! Stay Safe!

Frank

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

Federalist Pens and Paper  (Online Pen Store)

facelogo.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Sponsored Content

#2 terim

terim

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,887 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 17:45

Thanks so much for making a good decision!

Teri Morris, PEYTON STREET PENS

Visit the Peyton Street Pens web site.

Instagram for Peyton Street Pens
We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#3 CraigN

CraigN

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 18:04

Frank,

Thank you for passing the news.  Looking at the show website, they also announced the dates for the 2021 show.

https://dcpenshow.com/

I'm glad we attended the Baltimore Pen Show earlier in the year to get our pen fix.

Regards,

Craig

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 21:27

I was fearing this.  The camping event I go to that is up against it time-wise got cancelled, so I had my fingers crossed that I might actually get a chance to go this year. :( 

And this after just having gotten the email this morning about Pelikan cancelling their Hubs for this year....  Sigh.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#5 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 21:36

It had to be done, but is very sad.

#6 whichwatch

whichwatch

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,528 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 15:25

It seems like a long time since there has been a pen show, with another wait probably still ahead of us. 

For those of us suffering withdrawal or needing our pen fix, I am happy to tell you that several dealers have initiated a "virtual show" via Zoom conferencing,  in which each dealer in turn presents 20 pens for sale.  Zoom provides a chat function where you can contact the dealer privately during the show, and of course Email, Whats App, or other methods can be used during or afterwards.  To date there have been three such shows and each has been better than the ones before.

The next show, will be Sunday June 7 at (US times) 10:30 am EDT (New York time), 9:30 am CDT, 8:30 am MDT, 7:30 am PDT.  If you live in a different time zone or different country, I'll leave it to you to figure it out!    Previous shows lasted on the order of 1 1/2 to 2 hours. 

"Attendance" as a viewer is by invitation.  If you would like to receive an invitation from one of the organizers, head over to PenTrace where you will find a post on both the Green or Yellow Boards from which you can Private Message the organizer and request an invitation. 

#7 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 18,246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2020 - 19:51

I have not been able to get Zoom to work right on my laptop (I could get onto a meeting recently, but couldn't figure out how to make the audio work).  But thanks for the heads up.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#8 TitoThePencilPimp

TitoThePencilPimp

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2020 - 20:04

I have not been able to get Zoom to work right on my laptop (I could get onto a meeting recently, but couldn't figure out how to make the audio work).  But thanks for the heads up.

I have the same issues when I use Zoom on my MacBook Pro, but not on any windows based machine owned. I have not tried to fix it, since I have 3 other computers (workstation). But I am sure there is a simple fix for Mac users.

#9 eharriett

eharriett

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 17:08

Pleased to hear DC Show making the right decision.  Kudos to them.

#10 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 18,246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 19:20

I have the same issues when I use Zoom on my MacBook Pro, but not on any windows based machine owned. I have not tried to fix it, since I have 3 other computers (workstation). But I am sure there is a simple fix for Mac users.

Well, due to some really unexpected circumstances (a remote interview with an investigative reporter for one of the local TV stations) I actually seem to have it installed -- and working (not to the point of playing around with "backgrounds" yet, mind; and during the interview I had to take my glasses off because the screen was reflecting on the lenses -- but at least installed and working).  And better yet, it's a new enough version that I don't have to worry about Zoom's "update" which might cause older versions to fail mid-meeting, according to the person who was originally supposed to help me.  And which is going into effect TOMORROW (5/30) -- which I think is just a tad rude on Zoom's part since the notice just went out today....

#11 Seville

Seville

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 00:18

Actually the Zoom update had been announced a couple weeks ago but to have seen it one would have had to have logged on to their site

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com

Sponsored Content

|