Dc Show Cancelled

Federalist Pens

Sorry to announce this- but the show has been cancelled due to crowd concerns with Covid-19

Stay Well! Stay Safe!

Frank

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Federalist Pens

• CraigN

• terim

Frank,

Thank you for passing the news. Looking at the show website, they also announced the dates for the 2021 show.

https://dcpenshow.com/

I'm glad we attended the Baltimore Pen Show earlier in the year to get our pen fix.

Regards,

Craig

I was fearing this. The camping event I go to that is up against it time-wise got cancelled, so I had my fingers crossed that I might actually get a chance to go this year. :(

And this after just having gotten the email this morning about Pelikan cancelling their Hubs for this year.... Sigh.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

It seems like a long time since there has been a pen show, with another wait probably still ahead of us.

For those of us suffering withdrawal or needing our pen fix, I am happy to tell you that several dealers have initiated a "virtual show" via Zoom conferencing, in which each dealer in turn presents 20 pens for sale. Zoom provides a chat function where you can contact the dealer privately during the show, and of course Email, Whats App, or other methods can be used during or afterwards. To date there have been three such shows and each has been better than the ones before.

The next show, will be Sunday June 7 at (US times) 10:30 am EDT (New York time), 9:30 am CDT, 8:30 am MDT, 7:30 am PDT. If you live in a different time zone or different country, I'll leave it to you to figure it out! Previous shows lasted on the order of 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

"Attendance" as a viewer is by invitation. If you would like to receive an invitation from one of the organizers, head over to PenTrace where you will find a post on both the Green or Yellow Boards from which you can Private Message the organizer and request an invitation.

I have not been able to get Zoom to work right on my laptop (I could get onto a meeting recently, but couldn't figure out how to make the audio work). But thanks for the heads up.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have not been able to get Zoom to work right on my laptop (I could get onto a meeting recently, but couldn't figure out how to make the audio work). But thanks for the heads up.

I have the same issues when I use Zoom on my MacBook Pro, but not on any windows based machine owned. I have not tried to fix it, since I have 3 other computers (workstation). But I am sure there is a simple fix for Mac users.

I have the same issues when I use Zoom on my MacBook Pro, but not on any windows based machine owned. I have not tried to fix it, since I have 3 other computers (workstation). But I am sure there is a simple fix for Mac users.

Well, due to some really unexpected circumstances (a remote interview with an investigative reporter for one of the local TV stations) I actually seem to have it installed -- and working (not to the point of playing around with "backgrounds" yet, mind; and during the interview I had to take my glasses off because the screen was reflecting on the lenses -- but at least installed and working). And better yet, it's a new enough version that I don't have to worry about Zoom's "update" which might cause older versions to fail mid-meeting, according to the person who was originally supposed to help me. And which is going into effect TOMORROW (5/30) -- which I think is just a tad rude on Zoom's part since the notice just went out today....

Actually the Zoom update had been announced a couple weeks ago but to have seen it one would have had to have logged on to their site

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com