Case For Namiki Emperor

cgreenberg19

Does anyone know a single pen case that fits the Namiki Emperor comfortably? I've been putting mine into the big single Montblanc cases for the 149, but it doesn't really fit. Any case would work, leather or fabric. Thanks!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XYZZY

• my63

• Karmachanic

• Linger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know a single pen case that fits the Namiki Emperor comfortably? I've been putting mine into the big single Montblanc cases for the 149, but it doesn't really fit. Any case would work, leather or fabric. Thanks!

Cigar case. Fits perfectly.

qV8LHSW.jpg

Too many pens; too little writing.

Cigar case. Fits perfectly.

Best one!

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Surprising how hard it is to find a commercially available case for the emperor (as opposed to custom ordered).

I have a couple of custom made leather cases for the emperor.

I just picked up a soft leather case with a nylon lining and zipper. It is good for day-to-day use. It is much easier to carry than the thicker hard leather cases. The soft leather case is from airline international and took just a few days to arrive. The hard cases are from Etsy. If anyone would like contact information on the makers or photos let me know.

I cannot get photos to load at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Hi fellow pen lovers!

Thank you @Karmachanic for recommending our pen sleeve. Indeed our Emperor model will accomodate a Namiki Emperor leaving around 5 cm to close. And the string will need to be closed at the top.

@cgreenberg19 if you want I can make a simulation and show you how it'll close when having an Emperor inside. I don't own an emperor to put it inside, but from what I understand it's 17,4 cm closed. And yes that will fit into the Emperor pen sleeve that we built.

Bistrian

mightandwit.co Luxury leather pen cases and notebook covers for pen lovers

There is an older thread that specifically addresses this issue because I also purchase an Emperor a few years ago and faced the same issue. It‘s either a cigar case or have a custom case made. I ordered a case from a Taiwanese pen company who made a few of these that fit the Emperor perfectly. I will find out the name and report back.

I ordered a Pen Coozy from Rickshaw bags:

Coozy, 3-pen, Special OrderSize: 3XL

https://www.rickshawbags.com/3-pen-plush-coozy#!/squire/default_selection=265

Took about a week to get the case + shipping time. I ordered the 3 pen, though you could order a different size.

AND you can pick the exterior color/pattern, and interior color. Cost $30.

Their ink splatter pattern means that your ink accidents fit right in....

Easily fits my Emperor, along with other large pens. Holds the pen reliable, but easy to slip in or out.

"Bad spelling, like bad grammar, is an offense against society."

- - Good Form Letter Writing, by Arthur Wentworth Eaton, B.A. (Harvard);  © 1890

I dont normally self promote but here is my latest cigar style case For Emperor size pens, unfortunately I dont have any Emperor pens of my own so this is the owners picture of his pen and its case.

50229482076_1bfcbb94c8_c.jpg2020-08-15_05-50-03 by my0771, on Flickr

Michael

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

• 4 months later...

Waking this thread back up:  I would like to get a case for my emperor, and I like the idea of a cigar case.  But I know nothing about cigars.  If some of you using cigar cases could post suggestions of what to get (e.g. links to specific products on Amazon), or advice on what cigar sizes match on Emperor, that would be much appreciated. 

It probably matters:  I'm talking about one of the basic "Namiki No. 50" pens.  No maki-e, just large urushi on ebonite pen.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:49 PM, XYZZY said:

Waking this thread back up:  I would like to get a case for my emperor, and I like the idea of a cigar case.  But I know nothing about cigars.  If some of you using cigar cases could post suggestions of what to get (e.g. links to specific products on Amazon), or advice on what cigar sizes match on Emperor, that would be much appreciated. 

It probably matters:  I'm talking about one of the basic "Namiki No. 50" pens.  No maki-e, just large urushi on ebonite pen.

You have to remember that the Emperor has a rather large clip and the ball does get in the way. I have a single cigar holder that would fit a similar sized clip-less Danitrio nicely that did not work with the Emperor. Even the older single Namiki pen case does not fit the pen. 

On 12/25/2020 at 6:49 PM, XYZZY said:

If some of you using cigar cases could post suggestions of what to get (e.g. links to specific products on

Link provided five posts above this one

Add lightness and simplicate.

5 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

Link provided five posts above this one

🤦‍♂️ not sure how I missed that!

On 8/13/2020 at 2:13 PM, markh said:

I ordered a Pen Coozy from Rickshaw bags:

Coozy, 3-pen, Special OrderSize: 3XL

https://www.rickshawbags.com/3-pen-plush-coozy#!/squire/default_selection=265

Took about a week to get the case + shipping time. I ordered the 3 pen, though you could order a different size.

AND you can pick the exterior color/pattern, and interior color. Cost $30.

Their ink splatter pattern means that your ink accidents fit right in....

Easily fits my Emperor, along with other large pens. Holds the pen reliable, but easy to slip in or out.

That link no longer works, but I can still navigate through their website to find a 3 pen plush coozy.  They say that the extra long is "for pens up to 6.5”, and the Emperor is a wee bit under 7".  I'll contact them to find out exactly what the 6.5" dimension refers to; if its to the bottom of the flap, and the flap adds another inch-ish then that's...something.

My preference would be for a hard case, which seems pretty common with cigar cases.  But I don't desire anything flashy:  no desire to pay extra for special woods, special leather, carving, etc.

9 hours ago, gerigo said:

You have to remember that the Emperor has a rather large clip and the ball does get in the way. I have a single cigar holder that would fit a similar sized clip-less Danitrio nicely that did not work with the Emperor. Even the older single Namiki pen case does not fit the pen. 

Yes, exactly.  Goulet says "Diameter - Cap (without clip)" is 20mm, and "Diameter - Cap (with clip)" is 24.6mm.  I trust the numbers, although "Diameter - Cap (with clip)" is a bit of a misnomer.  The clip does add 4.6mm to the overall width of the product, but I would have considered that an additional 4.6mm to the radius and not to the diameter.  On the other hand, it would be silly to think you need to add 9.2mm to the tube in order to hold it.

Or to summarize all of that rambling:  that's why it would be nice to for somebody to say "I tried XXX and it works".  Or even "I tried XXX and it does NOT work". 🙂

I had a case made by Adam (3wunder.at), with attached pillow to put the pen. This was the best solution I could find for a new model emperor without clip. I am not that happy with the Namiki case: it is too tight for my taste, and the glue comes off a bit.

Sakura has this one listed:

https://www.sakurafountainpengallery.com/en/boutique/detail/namiki-emperor-pen-pouch-namiki

I like this pen case. They come in three sizes: emperor, yukari royale, and yukari

The ones for the emperor and yukari royale are currently out of stock, but you might enquire after it to see if/when they become available again. The case has the Namiki logo so I guess/assume it might be an “official” release. Similar to the Pilot and Somès cooperation.