The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan Hub 2020 Cancelled

pelikan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Parker51

Parker51

Old dog

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 12:35

I just received an Email indicating that the 2020 Pelikan Hub has been cancelled.

I believe this was a mistake and sent a detailed Email explaining why to them as well as indicating that many, if not most in the Fountain Pen Community are capable of participating in a virtual event.

I suggest others reflect on this and if in agreement send them an Email suggesting as I did that Pelikan hold the 2020 Hub virtually rather than cancelling it.

Yours, James Pearce, aka Parker 51

Edited by Parker51, 26 May 2020 - 12:36.

Sponsored Content

#2 carlos.q

carlos.q

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,928 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 13:42

I agree that a virtual hub is possible. Not only possible but it may well be the only way to celebrate pens shows and pen club meetings until there is a vaccine for the virus.

#3 JulieParadise

JulieParadise

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 14:17

In my humble opinion it is not upon us to demand anything.

Everyone can decide for themselves to set up a meeting besides the Hub, but I for myself will respect Pelikan's decision.

#4 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• 2,788 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 15:17

Well if that's the way they're gonna be I'm not going.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#5 Parker51

Parker51

Old dog

• Member - Gold

• 1,671 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2020 - 00:17

In my humble opinion it is not upon us to demand anything.

Everyone can decide for themselves to set up a meeting besides the Hub, but I for myself will respect Pelikan's decision.

Perhaps something has been misunderstood in translation.

I did not suggest that we demand anything.

In English, suggest and demand are two different words with very different meanings.

#6 katanankes

katanankes

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:48

Perhaps something has been misunderstood in translation.

I did not suggest that we demand anything.

In English, suggest and demand are two different words with very different meanings.

But what is the point to ask Pelikan to organize it? If there is interest, set it up and publicize it by yourself. I would not be particularly interested in a virtual meeting. 

#7 gmax

gmax

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2020 - 14:33

I think it was a wise decision, given the ongoing uncertainty over public health, and the possibility that one or other part of the world will be in difficulty at the time of the global Hubs. There would also be a logistical difficulty in delivering parcels globally, if postal/courier services continue to operate at reduced capacity. 

The Pelikan Hubs event means a lot to the community, and it will be good to see it return to the calendar in better times  :)

#8 Twister292

Twister292

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:51

I can understand their cancellation and Pelikan not showing interest in virtual hubs. A virtual hub is effectively no different from a normal pen meet, as it would not allow for distribution of the Pelikan ink and notepads that these hubs are known for.

Plus till the air clears on the health crisis unfolding around the world, better safe than sorry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan

Sponsored Content

|