The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Putting Back Eco Feed

assembly twsbi eco

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jebus

Jebus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:58

Hi guys, quick question to be 100% sure:

TWSBI eco: putting back the friction fit nib and feed: does it fit in every position / angle or is there only one slot where it will fit? 

After ruining a Lamy I want to be 100% sure this time...

I have tried to search the internet and the forum but I couldn't find a satisfying answer. Please excuse me if I have overlooked the obvious...

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Sponsored Content

#2 Twister292

Twister292

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2020 - 04:47

The Eco feed/nib aren't keyed and don't need a specific angle/position. Diamond 580 does.

#3 Jebus

Jebus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2020 - 11:49

The Eco feed/nib aren't keyed and don't need a specific angle/position. Diamond 580 does.

Makes it even more user friendly. Thanks for your feedback!

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

#4 Twister292

Twister292

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2020 - 12:09

Makes it even more user friendly. Thanks for your feedback!

Most welcome :)

Don't yank out the nib/feed too frequently though; TWSBI Eco barrels may have a tendency to develop cracks around that area if the nib/feed are removed/re-inserted too frequently

#5 Fuzzy_Bear

Fuzzy_Bear

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 14:11

Most welcome :)

Don't yank out the nib/feed too frequently though; TWSBI Eco barrels may have a tendency to develop cracks around that area if the nib/feed are removed/re-inserted too frequently

True. I pulled mine once and it cracked. I suggest not pulling them. Go read their website, they have a specific method of replacing the nib.

Peace and Understanding

#6 Jebus

Jebus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 17:31

True. I pulled mine once and it cracked. I suggest not pulling them. Go read their website, they have a specific method of replacing the nib.

Ok, great. To me it seemed an easy pen to clean for trying out shimmering inks and things like that. 

On the other hand, if the nib and feed was meant to be removed on a regular basis, it wouldn' have been friction fit...

#7 Twister292

Twister292

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:16

Ok, great. To me it seemed an easy pen to clean for trying out shimmering inks and things like that. 

On the other hand, if the nib and feed was meant to be removed on a regular basis, it wouldn' have been friction fit...

Mine certainly haven't faced that fate, but placing the nib correctly on the feed while inserting is important. If the nib is too high on the feed, it can lead to too much stress at the feed collar and cause cracking

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: assembly, twsbi eco

Sponsored Content

|