Efnir: Herbin Poussiere De Lune

LizEF

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Herbin Poussiere de Lune

This is review #14 in my series, with 100+ to go... Here's the YouTube video:

And here is a screen of the final result, for those not interested in the video:
large.HerbinPoussieredeLune.jpg.959d16121f8ed7f0cffffc04342254a0.jpg

Scan of Completed Review:
large.HerbinPoussieredeLuneS.jpg.a02b9a98d6ad1f760c320acab815d679.jpg

Zoomed in photo:

large.HerbinPoussieredeLuneZ.jpg.fe3b6bd2eefc0d2f569f420b9fc733ce.jpg

Screenshots also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap

Previous Review: KWZ Brown Pink.

Want to influence the inky sequence? Take the "next ink" poll.

Hope you enjoy. Comments appreciated!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• Sailor Kenshin

• tinta

• Mercian

Great job as usual Liz.

Helicopters?, What helicopters? :D

If you want another dry one, R & K Scabiosa... It looks lovely in a PenBBS 94 demonstrator.... and writes and shades well only on copy paper.... after some tine adjustment ;)

P de L was one of the first inks I bought way back when I fell down the rabbit hole. Mine may either have changed color or something; it's more of a brown-maroon.

Thanks for the review!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Great job as usual Liz.

Helicopters?, What helicopters? :D

If you want another dry one, R & K Scabiosa... It looks lovely in a PenBBS 94 demonstrator.... and writes and shades well only on copy paper.... after some tine adjustment ;)

Thanks! (Yeah, they don't sound like helicopters, but they were.)

I definitely do not want another dry one! It really was unpleasant to write with Poussiere de Lune. :(

P de L was one of the first inks I bought way back when I fell down the rabbit hole. Mine may either have changed color or something; it's more of a brown-maroon.

Thanks for the review!

Well, this was definitely not brown-maroon, but I did have to do quite a bit of color correction on the photos (not my strong suit) - the camera hated it! :) I would describe it as a red-leaning purple. ETA: Since it was a gifted sample, I know nothing of the date / origin for the original bottle.

And, you're very welcome! :)

Edited by LizEF

Thanks for the review!

The formula of Poussière de Lune was changed in 2014 - it used to be a duskier (moon-dustier?) purple.

The older formulation was more similar in colour to R&K Scabiosa. This, the post-2014 PdL, is more ‘burgundy’ in its colour.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

Nice!

Good prompt to ink one of EF with PdL :)

Thank you!!!

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

Thanks! (Yeah, they don't sound like helicopters, but they were.)

At that speed, the sound they make reminds me of the agricultural machines that are currently being used to mow, row, and collect hay here :D

But of course, the real question is whose helicopters were they, and what were they doing over your home?

Were they Army/USAF out on an exercise (e.g. my house seems to be used as a navigational ‘waypoint’ by the RAF’s helicopter-pilot-training programme)?

Or were they perhaps Police/DEA units out looking for the vast, horizon-spanning ‘herbal’ plantations whose products you are having to cultivate & sell in order to fund the purchase of all these inks? Hmm?

Tell, do! ;)

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

Thanks for the review :)

great as always!

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

Nice!

Good prompt to ink one of EF with PdL :)

Thank you!!!

I recommend you make it a wet EF nib!

Thanks for the review :)

great as always!

Thank you!

And you are both very welcome!

At that speed, the sound they make reminds me of the agricultural machines that are currently being used to mow, row, and collect hay here :D

But of course, the real question is whose helicopters were they, and what were they doing over your home?

Were they Army/USAF out on an exercise (e.g. my house seems to be used as a navigational ‘waypoint’ by the RAF’s helicopter-pilot-training programme)?

Or were they perhaps Police/DEA units out looking for the vast, horizon-spanning ‘herbal’ plantations whose products you are having to cultivate & sell in order to fund the purchase of all these inks? Hmm?

Tell, do! ;)

:lticaptd: The fun answer is that they were ink-thieving pirates hoping to plunder my stockpile, but I repelled them with the ack ack concealed inside the supposed swamp cooler1 on my roof.

The unfun answer is that they're army national guard helicopters doing a secret and annoying study to determine the total duration of vibration required to bring my house (and my neighbors' houses) down.2 I'm thinking maybe their strategist has spent a little too much time in the book of Joshua. If I ever hear them blaring trumpet noises, I may run outside, just in case.

1AKA evaporative cooler

2It's not like there's a shortage of undeveloped property reasonably close, or of air space more than 50 feet over our neighborhood, but apparently those places aren't entertaining enough, or something...

Turns out I was wrong.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/2015/8992/5439/Memory_Phail_001-640p.jpg

Here's a paper towel chroma, if anyone cares.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/5915/8992/5439/Memory_Phail_Chroma_001-640p.jpg

I did the semi-watercolored sketch with a glass dip pen and that ink did NOT want to come off the pen, nohow.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Turns out I was wrong.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/2015/8992/5439/Memory_Phail_001-640p.jpg

Here's a paper towel chroma, if anyone cares.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/5915/8992/5439/Memory_Phail_Chroma_001-640p.jpg

I did the semi-watercolored sketch with a glass dip pen and that ink did NOT want to come off the pen, nohow.

:thumbup: Nice! Thanks for the additional samples.

Thanks Liz for your "fine" ink review of Poussiere de Lune.

P de L ink is my favourite dye based violet ink. I use this particular ink in carts. A more freely flowing ink, but similar in colour to R&K Scabiosa.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Thanks Liz for your "fine" ink review of Poussiere de Lune.

P de L ink is my favourite dye based violet ink. I use this particular ink in carts. A more freely flowing ink, but similar in colour to R&K Scabiosa.

:D You're welcome!

Does P de L do well in your pens, as far as lubrication? That was its only flaw in mine - I think Japanese EF is just a wee bit to fine and dry for this ink.

I have used Poussiere de Lune for about five years. The first ink in which I used it was a Pilot Prera fine, and I liked that Poussiere was wetter than Montblanc Lavender purple, which I'd previously used in that pen.

I would say I like the color of Poussiere de Lune better in a pen that lays down more ink--I'd expected a purple, not a burgundy, and a wetter pen produces a purpler line--but I've never noticed a lack of lubrication, on any paper.

I'll pay special attention next time I ink up an extra-fine with Poussiere.

I would say I like the color of Poussiere de Lune better in a pen that lays down more ink--I'd expected a purple, not a burgundy, ...

Just in case... The images I posted look like a red-leaning purple to me, not like burgundy. (Wasn't sure if you were saying it looked burgundy from your pens or in my images, or both, so I wanted to clarify.)

Also, I'm currently inked with Platinum Classic Lavender Black, and it's more red-leaning than Poussiere de Lune was, by far, and duskier and paler.

Just in case... The images I posted look like a red-leaning purple to me, not like burgundy. (Wasn't sure if you were saying it looked burgundy from your pens or in my images, or both, so I wanted to clarify.)

Also, I'm currently inked with Platinum Classic Lavender Black, and it's more red-leaning than Poussiere de Lune was, by far, and duskier and paler.

Thank you. I was saying that in many of my pens, the color is more burgundy.

I wouldn't want anything redder.

Thank you. I was saying that in many of my pens, the color is more burgundy.

I wouldn't want anything redder.

:thumbup:

I'm not sure what color I like in this range - apparently purples aren't really my thing. :unsure:

:D You're welcome!

Does P de L do well in your pens, as far as lubrication? That was its only flaw in mine - I think Japanese EF is just a wee bit to fine and dry for this ink.

As far as ink lube goes, P de L carts work extremely well in my Kaweco 14c nibs.

That said, the feeds on these nib-units all had some customization done to them, so that they would flow properly with Pel..blue/black ink.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)