Scribo Feel Together

mad_pharmacist

I received my order of Scribo Feel Together. This is a limited edition released by Scibo to raise money for COVID-19 relief in Italy. According their web site, there will be 52 pens. The look of Scribo Feel pens is somewhat polorizing. I really didn't like the look, but I actually like it. I bought my first pen because of their excellent EF flex nib. It's one of my favorite nib and ever since I got it, it has been continuously used. This pen has a rather unique nib which has been cut at 52 degree angle and allows some variations in line thickness similar to Sailor's zoom nib, but the line variation isn't as dramatic as I had expected.

The nib writes very smoothly and puts down lots of ink. I love it. On my hand, it writes like a bold nib. The color of the body is a bit hard ot describe. I can't tell if it is black or really really dark blue. Different light sources seem to bring out slightly different color tones.

I ordered mine with their new inks. The bottles are stackable. It's rather clever. I am very happy with this purchase.

IMG_0286.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sansenri

• dapprman

• mad_pharmacist

• TheDutchGuy

Very good of Scribo to donate proceeds of this pen to a good cause! Glad you’re happy with the pen, may it give you many years of joy!

Thank you for your great review! I was wondering about this pen after saw it on the their web site. This is helpful info for me since I'm thinking about purchasing a Scribo Feel in the near future. I will probably get the flex nib but I don't know which one. I have a few extra fine and fine flex nibs in different brands including OMAS, and I'm curious about their medium and broad flex nib.

I think Scribo is doing some really cool stuff and I genuinely wish them well!

Their "Melograno" resin is just mind-blowingly beautiful, in a subtle, classy yet original way :)

I'm not a massive fan of the design, but if they introduce more resins like that... I will have to get one!

I'm not a massive fan of their design either, which has kept me from buying one of their pens so far, and I'm sure I'm missing out on the performance, but that steep step from barrel to section, despite the fact I may aesthetically accept it with some effort, would never be forgiven by my poor fingers...

Why so many pens sacrificed on the altar of aesthetics when the pen is capped, rather than when it's uncapped (and thus also in favour of ergonomics)?

perhaps with their next model?

I'm not a massive fan of their design either, which has kept me from buying one of their pens so far, and I'm sure I'm missing out on the performance, but that steep step from barrel to section, despite the fact I may aesthetically accept it with some effort, would never be forgiven by my poor fingers...

Why so many pens sacrificed on the altar of aesthetics when the pen is capped, rather than when it's uncapped (and thus also in favour of ergonomics)?

perhaps with their next model?

Ergonomically it is actually very good, it's just the looks are very Very marmite. Love mine, but I always did like the looks as well.

it depends how you hold your pens.I hold my pens quite a bit far up.

To give you an idea, I hold Pelikan pens not from the section, but from the barrel just above the threads (sometimes my fingers are on the threads but Pelikan threads are reasonably smooth)... this means that any pen with a steep step between barrel and section at roughly 2-2.5 cm from the beginning of the section, becomes unbearably uncomfortable for me, because my fingers grip exactly there!

By experience, any pen with a step down is a risk. In some cases if the section is very long and the step is not too deep then my grip may still be comfortable (think a GvFC Classic). In general the best pens for me are those with section and barrel on the same plane, i.e. no steps. Tapering is OK, I much prefer it to steps.

So it is really individual.

Considering Scribo inherits tradition from Omas I'm hoping they'll come out with a more classic design in future...

...that steep step from barrel to section ... would never be forgiven by my poor fingers...

That was my fear as well, but I’ve tried the pen many times and it didn’t bother me at all. It looks worse than it feels.

it depends how you hold your pens.I hold my pens quite a bit far up.

To give you an idea, I hold Pelikan pens not from the section, but from the barrel just above the threads (sometimes my fingers are on the threads but Pelikan threads are reasonably smooth)... this means that any pen with a steep step between barrel and section at roughly 2-2.5 cm from the beginning of the section, becomes unbearably uncomfortable for me, because my fingers grip exactly there!

By experience, any pen with a step down is a risk. In some cases if the section is very long and the step is not too deep then my grip may still be comfortable (think a GvFC Classic). In general the best pens for me are those with section and barrel on the same plane, i.e. no steps. Tapering is OK, I much prefer it to steps.

So it is really individual.

Considering Scribo inherits tradition from Omas I'm hoping they'll come out with a more classic design in future...

I would say you're weird but then I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd say most if not all of us here are weird :D

I find their pens quite comfortable. The step down to the grip form the body might look steep, the edge of Feell model is more rounded and smoother than other pens in my collection. If you can, you should try it.

Top: Montegrappa Cigar

Middle: Scribo Feel

Bottom: ASC Gladiatore Medio

IMG_0344 (1).jpeg

That was my fear as well, but I’ve tried the pen many times and it didn’t bother me at all. It looks worse than it feels.

that is very well possible, it's just one of those pens that I need to try before buying

I would say you're weird but then I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd say most if not all of us here are weird :D

possibly :D

I find their pens quite comfortable. The step down to the grip form the body might look steep, the edge of Feell model is more rounded and smoother than other pens in my collection. If you can, you should try it.

Top: Montegrappa Cigar

Middle: Scribo Feel

Bottom: ASC Gladiatore Medio

yes, in fact I'm not saying it would not work for me, just that it's a bit risky buying an expensive pen with this feature without trying first.

thank you for the photo, that tells me a bit more about the possibility that the step may not bother me too much, I usually hold Omas Arte Italiana old style Paragon/Milord pens without any issues, the section is long and tapering (similar design to the ASC), and the very small step does not bother me at all.

The step in the Scribo looks slightly more prominent and the section slightly shorter, that may or may not make a difference.

The Montegrappa Cigar would be an absolute no go for me... (although the Miya and the Extra 1930 are perfectly ok, but I think they taper much more in the section and don't have such a sharp step)

I have also a high grip (3-4 cm between paper and the tip of my fingers). I'm also very sensitive to threads and step downs. When I tried the Scribo Feel in boutique (thinking 'this is not for me') I was surprised that the step down was not a problem. The barrel tapers down to the section in such a sublime way that it doesn't bother me. At the contrary, it supports my grip. A very clever design that works for me.It is now one of my most comfortable pens.

Build quality is definitely superior to Omas. The nib is as good as Omas. I have the Fine flex nib.

Orval

thank your for the comment Orval, as a high grip user your recommendation is the most comforting so far.

I will need to check one out, some of the good pen shops in the city should have one to try, I hope this covid constraint gives us a break soon.