The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

True Writer Pen Collection - So Far

u.s. pens levenger true writer colors private collection esterbrook-like

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:07

You appear to have enough posts on record to be able to do photos (I seem to recall one needs about 10 posts before they can upload images).

Presuming you are using a full-up computer, and not some tablet/phone...

• At the top of the screen/page is a tab marked "Upload" -- click it (for me, it opens a new tab in Firefox)
  • Click on the [Browse] button to permit locating the desired image file on your computer (since you already have a set of images available at URLs, you might be able to enter the URL in the text box and upload from the web host)
  • Click [Add Image] to upload to FPN
  • After upload, you should have an information screen with three URL formats -- I typically use the top one (Direct). Select the text string and <ctrl-c> copy it.
  • Go back to the browser tab with your message (I've assumed you did the upload in the middle of making a post).
  • Select the image icon (monitor screen) on the formatting bar
  • <ctrl-v> paste the string into the box
  • That should do it...

To reuse an image you already have uploaded, locate the image in the list from the upload tab, and click the icon of a page with a green up-arrow. That will display the three URL formats for that image again.

Thank you!  Also, here is an explanation with pictures:

http://www.fountainp...-how-to-use-it/

OOPS, looks like you already figured it out. I went back and corrected the first post, but didn't see your subsequent post.  Oh well, the pens are pretty enough to look at more than once. Thank you for sharing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Sponsored Content

#22 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,941 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2020 - 21:43

I currently only have one True Writer - the Silver Anniversary. It's a lovely writer and doesn't get the attention it truly deserves - at least over the last year or so. It was acquired in the early stages of my pendom - February/March 2013. As a birthday gift. At $99.00 it was my most expensive pen at the time. It is still one of my two heaviest at 30 grams. After a while I determined that 30 grams is a hard line in terms of pens I like. Funny how that happens.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: u.s. pens, levenger, true writer, colors, private collection, esterbrook-like

Sponsored Content

|