A Worthwhile Promotion To Consider

writepen

The Platinum 3776 Century fountain pen is on the favorite list of many, if not most, fountain pen aficionados. One just arrived and it's not my first.

Platinum Pen Company was founded 101 years ago. In 1978, the 3776 model was introduced, based on the height of beautiful Mount Fuji, the highest peak in Japan. Later, the nib and feed were redesigned by Platinum to regulate ink flow, and the result is a satisfying writing experience. The screw-type cap contributes to air tightness, and features the innovative "Slip & Seal" mechanism which prevents drying out of ink in the pen. The 3776 contains a convenient, cartridge/converter filling system. (Note that Platinum fountain pens use proprietary cartridges.) This writing instrument is balanced and comfortable in the hand. When we talk about our pens, the focus is usually on the nib performance--this 14k nib is quite smooth. I understand why some people refer to the 3776 as the ideal, or ultimate, fountain pen. The color I chose is Chenonceau White, and it was purchased from distinguished Dealer, penchalet.com. I just now checked the website...there are 6 standard colors with either gold or silver trims, and, 8 different nib grade choices. Currently there are two limited-time special offers: The 3776 is on sale, and, a free converter (gold or silver) is included. If you do not own a 3776 and/or have not had the pleasurable opportunity to deal with penchalet.com, now might be the perfect time.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IThinkIHaveAProblem

• Bill P

• inkstainedruth

• neverforget

No offense to you personally but I dislike your sales-promotion style of writing about products. They seem very insincere to me.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

I just assume he's a viral marketer and ignore the post as soon as I start reading, which leads me to look at his username.

looking back, kinda looks like thats all this account does...

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

looking back, kinda looks like thats all this account does...

+1

Usually promoting Pen Chalet or a particular brand - without disclosure of relationship

i've flagged every post from this guy but the moderators appear not to care. why not just ban him? let him try to create a new account and then ban him again.

distinguished Dealer

popular Dealer

leading Retailer

Eminent Pen Retailer

Yeah. Doesn’t the forum have rules against this!?

Answer: nope apparently not. Not in the market watch section

Except maybe this rule:...

A maximum of One (1) announcement per month is permitted.

Still. Totally a spammer account IMO

The flowery language seems written by a cheap SEO consultant, with the intent of getting higher results from search engines thus causing people to click through. At the end of the day they're vacuous, and IMO they devalue the brands, the shops, and even FPN for serving them up.

For this particular post, the brand, the model of pen, and the shop all deserve better than this nonsense. These posts make me want to avoid the brands, products, and shops mentioned.

Maybe a different way to get these to stop is to take it up with the shops or the distributors?

Edited by XYZZY

distinguished Dealer, penchalet.com

popular Dealer, penboutique.com

leading Retailer, penchalet.com

Eminent Pen Retailer, penchalet.com

Interesting capitalization choices...

Ever had the experience of seeing an ad and it leaves such a bad taste in your mouth that you swear off that entire brand forever? (Looking at you Gillette)

Yeah. Kinda having that right now

Regarding reporting them: the only market watch rule i could find being violated was the Maximum of one per month rule with this most recent post. (I didn’t dig too much)

Anyways, here’s something helpful:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/278633-dont-ignore-this-post-a-how-to/

Maybe a different way to get these to stop is to take it up with the shops or the distributors?

I suspect this is the only thing that will MAYBE stop this.

I wholeheartedly agreed with EVERYTHING you said.

Goona go wash the bad taste out of my mouth with some awesome coffee

Edited by IThinkIHaveAProblem

distinguished Dealer, penchalet.com

popular Dealer, penboutique.com

leading Retailer, penchalet.com

Eminent Pen Retailer, penchalet.com

Interesting capitalization choices...

If I had to venture a guess, I would guess it's a script that scrapes the store's website and then assembled this garbage.

If I had to venture a guess, I would guess it's a script that scrapes the store's website and then assembled this garbage.

That and maybe combined with email/contract talking points.

Yeah, this stuff is allowed but complaints about specific retailers aren't. I get the Pen Chalet email ads already. I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to copy and paste the OP's post into a complaint directly to them.... And I bet that if EVERYONE on this thread did the same they might actually take notice....

The site I complained about? They sent me a new ad and I decided to "unsubscribe"; and explained why I was unsubscribing in great gory detail.... (My mother would be so proud. :D)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yeah, this stuff is allowed but complaints about specific retailers aren't. I get the Pen Chalet email ads already. I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to copy and paste the OP's post into a complaint directly to them.... And I bet that if EVERYONE on this thread did the same they might actually take notice....

The site I complained about? They sent me a new ad and I decided to "unsubscribe"; and explained why I was unsubscribing in great gory detail.... (My mother would be so proud. :D)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Ruth, I am not your mother (tell I said Happy Mother's Day) AND I am still proud of you!

Best and Stay well & Safe!

Maybe see you in September in Boston - I hope?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

deleted

Edited by 5Cavaliers

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

A marketing piece in the Marketplace.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Speaking of copy-paste and bot, I've done a google search and found that this text is copied verbatim from this facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/264840980383736/

And the previous topics by this user are also copied from the same user's facebook posts:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/530428280439041/?ref=pages_profile_groups_tab&source_id=242982006316176

I do not know if this user is the same as the facebook poster, but presume it is. At least they add photographs on facebook, but they did post that they have trouble uploading pictures to FPN:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/352036-flow/?do=findComment&comment=4291906

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Speaking of copy-paste and bot, I've done a google search and found that this text is copied verbatim from this facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/264840980383736/

And the previous topics by this user are also copied from the same user's facebook posts:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/530428280439041/?ref=pages_profile_groups_tab&source_id=242982006316176

I do not know if this user is the same as the facebook poster, but presume it is. At least they add photographs on facebook, but they did post that they have trouble uploading pictures to FPN:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/352036-flow/?do=findComment&comment=4291906

+1 on the research

I thought a charitable explanation was a young person trying to be flowery.

More likely, just a sales guy.

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness