The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What's The "parker 45" Or "51" Of Vintage Sheaffer?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Estycollector

Estycollector

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2020 - 19:45

What do you mean by jewels. Cap and barrel jewels of J models?

Yes sir. :)

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Sponsored Content

#42 jspen765

jspen765

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:54

It has always seemed to me that the closest Sheaffer to the Parker 45 is the Stylist, though I think Sheaffer was aiming at the Parker 61 from the arrow.  And the two-sided nib (though some had tubular small Triumph nibs, and some had slipper nibs). Some samples of each here.  I have a hard time telling the two pens apart without seeing the clip.

Sheaffer stylist Parker 45 closed no clips sml.jpg

Sheaffer stylist Parker 45 more nibs.jpg

Jon the Eclectic penner

PS please note the Sears pen on the right in the second photo, with the Sheaffer slipper nib.

#43 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,883 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:34

I think you have it right, jspen765.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

Sponsored Content

|