The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Bchr Self Filler With No Model Number

mabie todd swan

4 replies to this topic

#1 RayCornett

RayCornett

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:36

fpn_1588743875__camerazoom-2020050515394

This beauty arrived today. No model number anyway. New York made. 1915 patent pending date on clip. Swan self filler imprint on barrel. #3 nib.

Similar to the SM1/60 but a metal lever.

Edited by RayCornett, 06 May 2020 - 05:45.

Sponsored Content

#2 Dr.X

Dr.X

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2020 - 16:56

Nothing at all on the bottom part of the barrel? My English Swans all have that. Likely a different situation from US-made pens of that era.

#3 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:45

I just got in a ringtop SF with “352” on the end. The other end has a nib with a lot of potential.

#4 shalitha33

shalitha33

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2020 - 21:57

i know nothing about these pens :( but have seen another with the safety / military imprint on ebay with a similar clip recently. That too with the US imprint and without any number. I am assuming they are from the same time time period. 

https://www.ebay.com...B-/373049050600

Also have an eyedropper with "Made in U.S.A during the war" imprint. That too doesn't have any model numbers that I could see. Just have the word MED printed around the barrel.

Correction : sorry i got the two pens mixed up :(. its the blackbird that has the "med" around the barrel.

Edited by shalitha33, 25 May 2020 - 22:16.

#5 RayCornett

RayCornett

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2020 - 22:02

i know nothing about these pens :( but have seen another with the safety / military imprint on ebay with a similar clip recently. That too with the US imprint and without any number. I am assuming they are from the same time time period. 

https://www.ebay.com...B-/373049050600

Also have an eyedropper with "Made in U.S.A during the war" imprint. That too doesn't have any model numbers that I could see. Just have the word MED printed around the barrel.

Similar but mine is a normal lever filler. The one you shared is a safety pen with a knob on the end of the barrel. Whoever won it got a decent deal if they find  a nib.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mabie todd, swan

Sponsored Content

|