What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

Nice find. Especially with that nib.

While all in all I prefer the Aerometrics because odds are good that if you find one it will just need to be flushed out, I must say that if I have to do a LOT of writing at one go (such as for doing major research projects) the pen I reach for is the Cedar Blue 51 Vac with the nicely tuned EF nib.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Thanks, Ruth.

Yeah, I'm a long term fan of the aeromatics - such reliability, great pens.

I'd fancied a 51 Vac and was on the verge of buying a Wing Sung Vac copy - but, decided to stick with the original and managed to pick this one up for under £30. Looking forward to getting it apart and fixing it up - well, kind of looking forward to it, always slightly nervous discovering how a new (to me) system works.

Stay safe.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• TheRedBeard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're braver than I am. While I *think* I could re-sac a lever pen, something with a more complicated fill system like on a Vac or 51 Vac (and certainly for something like a Sheaffer Snorkel) I'm more than happy to pay professional pen repairers to do (often I end up paying more than I did for the pen to start with, but there you go... :rolleyes:).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Got this parker victory few days back. Nib on it is probably a replacement.

[/url]

fpn_1594776681__img_20200715_125637.jpg

fpn_1594776555__img_20200715_125349_1.jp

Edited by shalitha33

I picked up a P51 Mustard Yellow [ for parts ] barrel is cracked. I could not pass up on the price.I will have to pick up a cap someday. I do have spare P51 parts for the internals.

My most recent Parker is a previous generation Premier Tartan. I find the angular clip to go with the design better than the current model.

Another burgundy 51 Special....I love it when this shows up in great shape with a gold M nib and flushes clear quickly!

Another great writer....almost immediately out of the package.

MD

fpn_1595486599__img_20200723_183240.jpg

Latest for me is 3 fairly old and worn parker pens. Small pen is marked as number 20 at the base. Jacknife safety is marked as 20 1/2.

I have no idea what the straight cap one is. It doesn't have any numbers at the base , but has the lucky curve nib, feed and the imprint. I am assuming its from around the same period.

Two Parker 45s in 'happy colours' and a really gorgeously mint Parker 75. They are all French made.

Really happy to have found these at a sale last weekend!

ZysPGMhl.jpg

The other, orange, pen is a rather nice Pelikano and was given me for free with the Parker 45s. The cap was practically stuck on with dried ink and it needed a good soak and flush, but it's now looking really great. It's not a vintage - this one dates from about 2000, apparently.

Edited by amk

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Just pulled the trigger on a green P21 "Deluxe" NOS that I have been watching on eBay for quite a while.

I don't have a green Parker 21 yet. :P

Just pulled the trigger on a green P21 "Deluxe" NOS that I have been watching on eBay for quite a while.

I don't have a green Parker 21 yet. :P

Congrats on that! I don’t have a 21 of any color yet either and was watching this one, but ultimately decided to sit it out.

Congrats on that! I don’t have a 21 of any color yet either and was watching this one, but ultimately decided to sit it out.

:lol: At least one of us got it.

PS - check your PMs, Carguy.

Edited by NumberSix

Yesterday the Parker mechanical pencil showed up. A ridge ball clip, red barrel with Drink Coca Cola imprint on the barrel. Matches the ridge ball Jotter that I have. Another nice addition to Jotter advertising Coca-Cola family that I have.

This 61, just needed a flush with water to the capillary filler and ready for use. fpn_1595991085__b169ca0c-6dbd-4176-bcf7-

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.

This 61, just needed a flush with water to the capillary filler and ready for use.

Congratulations falarcon, beautiful pen and beautiful photography.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Beautiful 61. :thumbup:

Edited by Estycollector

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

I'll admit that after the hood on my 21 cracked really badly, I'm much less enamored of the model. But I got one for a decent price in the wild, and liked it enough as a writer, that I was willing to start considering getting a 51 (ironically, I ended up paying *less* for a couple of those than I had for the 21...). I was able to get a replacement hood, nib, feed, and filler for cheap at a pen show, a few years ago, but never got around to salvaging the hood (the general consensus at the time was the it might be just easier to replace all of the, and just keep the barrel and cap from the original pen, but I never got around to doing either one).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'll admit that after the hood on my 21 cracked really badly, I'm much less enamored of the model. But I got one for a decent price in the wild, and liked it enough as a writer, that I was willing to start considering getting a 51 (ironically, I ended up paying *less* for a couple of those than I had for the 21...). I was able to get a replacement hood, nib, feed, and filler for cheap at a pen show, a few years ago, but never got around to salvaging the hood (the general consensus at the time was the it might be just easier to replace all of the, and just keep the barrel and cap from the original pen, but I never got around to doing either one).

So far, I have three 21s, with two more on the way - the aforementioned NOS Green (F) from ebay and a preowned black (M) from pen_swap. I was just writing with my current Medium one, noting in my Bujo how nice if writes with Quink Blue - I previously used Waterman Mysterious Blue in it, a color match with the navy pen that wrote dryer but still great. This one is second only to my Vac 51 for my favorite of my (so far) 16 Parkers. And they are both mediums.

I am not as in love with the fine nibs on the other two (nor on my two Parker 51 Specials). But I need to keep testing some inks in them, and one of the Specials may need servicing because its flow chokes.

I have been fortunate that the sections and barrels have been immaculate so far, which is no doubt why I like the pen model more than you do. LOL

Somehow I've gotten interested in P51 colors, so I recently got two Aerometric fills with plain Lumaloy caps, one in Forest Green and one allegedly in Nassau Green. I am in doubt about the second one because I'm not clear that this color ever came in an Aerometric fill. Here's a photo, but it won't do you any good either. I thought it might be Navy Gray but it's just slightly too green for that. Anyway, whatever color it is, it's one I didn't have before. (The photo does not represent the colors particularly well, I need a better source of light on them. eta: I tried it in daylight, even worse, what I need is to use a better camera.)

fpn_1596056658__parker_51_greens.jpg

Two other pens ordered but not arrived yet: a P51 allegedly in Buckskin (again, an Aerometric, and I'm not sure that combination was ever available, so it might be Cocoa that the photo makes look darker, which is OK, because I don't have a Cocoa either); and a 1929 Duofold Senior in Green and Pearl marble. I think this one looks interesting and I'll post a photo when it arrives.

Edited by Paul-in-SF

I have been fortunate that the sections and barrels have been immaculate so far, which is no doubt why I like the pen model more than you do. LOL

Oh I really liked the 21 when I first got it. But several years later I discovered that it was leaking everywhere, and that's when I discovered the cracks in the hood. :-(

The one I worry about even more is the Parker 41 -- I paid way less for it, but because it's way rarer than even my Plummer (and appraised for way WAY more than I paid for it), I do tend to baby it a lot more (and it has the same grade of plastic as 21s).

Oh I really liked the 21 when I first got it. But several years later I discovered that it was leaking everywhere, and that's when I discovered the cracks in the hood. :-(

The one I worry about even more is the Parker 41 -- I paid way less for it, but because it's way rarer than even my Plummer (and appraised for way WAY more than I paid for it), I do tend to baby it a lot more (and it has the same grade of plastic as 21s).

I have never seen a 41. Is it something like a 21 Demi?

I hate to hear about your cracked pens. :( One or two of mine won't need to make it that long, perhaps. I have several bottles of Superchrome Blue-Black on the way. If it's liquid enough - which is why I purchased 3 bottles, just in case - I intend to introduce it to one or two of my least favorite 21s or Specials to it as a daily driver. For science. :ninja:

Edited by NumberSix